Friday, August 27, 2010

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

I wanted so badly to start on this card last night but my hubby and daughter had already gone to bed and I am NOT quiet when I craft, so I had to bide my time until this morning.
This little fairy is a digital stamp image that I just purchased from Tiddly Inks. I just think she's adorable. She's water colored and Stickled for lots of sparkle. I learned how to do the star base she's sitting on and the beaded ribbon slider from an incredible Norwegian card maker named Marianne. I made the flowers myself with punches and then sugared them with some Diamond Dust. I punched the little stars out with a MS hole punch and then covered them with glue pen and glitter. My eyes are not what they used to be and trying to hold those tiny little things still to glitter them and then pick them up to place them on the card was tough. :)

Here are the challenges I'm entering this card in:
City Crafter #19--stars
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #73--Two stamped images
Pocket Full of Posies #5--Winged things and flowers
Wild Orchid Challenges #4--Make it sparkle
Flutterby Wednesdays #119--anything goes and butterfly, angel or fairy
Meljen's Designs #22--Happy Birthday
Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog #38--2 patterned papers, 2 plain, flowers and/or lace embellies
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges #37--3 papers, 2 embellishments, 1 image

Supplies
Paper: DCWV, Creative Imaginations, Paper Pizazz, Recollections black cardstock, Canon Heavyweight Bristol paper
Stamps: Tiddly Inks "Fairy Fae Catches a Star", Inkadinkado Sketchy Flourishes, Papertrey Ink Mixed Messages
Inks+: Derwent Watercolor Pencils, Prisma Colored Pencils, Gemini Masterpiece Odorless mineral Spirits, Stazon Jet Black, Dusty Concord and Tumbled Glass Distress inks, Crystal and Waterfall Stickles
Tools: Nestabilities Classic Ovals Large (S4-110), EK Sucess Retro flower punches, Martha Stewart Branch punch and Star hole punch
Miscellaneous: glitter, Twinklets Diamond Dust, Offray ribbon, beads

Have a wonderful weekend!

21 comments:

  1. Wow...again! lol I really like the bead ribbon slider! I love the image, and the star...and your flowers are just gorgeous!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so strange Tracy, I typed a long msg and they won't let me post, and then I restart my computer and just type "test" and it went through. I am going to try again, hope this one go through like the test msg.
    I was going to say that I love the colors and the image of this card, very soft and romantic, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Love the origami star in the background and all the pretty colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful card! So soft & subtle & sweet - thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful card Tracy! I love the image and those colours are gorgeous! Thanks for joining in Kaboodledoodles this week and hope to see you next time. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so totally adorable! It's just perfect for the star challenge at CCCB and the colours are a delight! Love the sugared coating on your flowers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet image and you have coloured her beautifully. I love you colour combination and all your embellishments work so well together.
    Thank you for joining us at Kaboodledoodles and we hope to see your lovely creations in our forthcoming challenges.


    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must agree, this image is so cute. And I your water coloring, looks great.. I love it.
    Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh such a beautiful card! I love your handmade flowers too ... so glad you joined us at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet and pretty!!! love this!! Thank you for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you really put a lot of work into this card! It looks fantastic! I love how you've coloured the image!
    Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck!
    Farrah

    ReplyDelete
  12. so pretty, love the flowers.......thanks for joining us at the CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  13. goegeous card,love all the detail and the ribbon slider is lovely thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  14. BEAUTIFUL!!! i love the color combo ( one of my favorite ) and your coloring and all.. stunning! great job! Thank you for playing with us this week on the Meljens challenge. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is beautiful and so full of detail! (Love the sparkly flowers!) Thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, this is just beautiful!
    Thanks so much for joining us in our Birthday challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
    Dee (Spryte)♥
    Sprytebyrds Spot

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card :) Thank you for participating in the WOC challenge ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card - great colors and I love all the great details. Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing our Kaboodle Doodles challenge! ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute card Tracy! I love that big star & such a darling image :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely adore your color combo and that little fairy is just adorable! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I enjoy reading your thoughts and opinions. OR . . . just say hello!