Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fred, She Said Designs Pumpkins

I've been so busy lately making cards for my DT obligations that I haven't had any time to make anything for any challenges.  Well, yesterday I broke out this wonderful pumpkin digi Tracey designed for Fred, She Said Designs and pulled out half of my craft goodies (you think I'm joking but my kitchen table was mounded over in all the stuff that I "might" use on the card).  All the elements were made and laid out except for the flowers and the stitching.
My local scrapbook store is owned by a mother/daughter team who I just adore.  Daughter Jen is an awesome crafter who I am proud to call my friend.  You can see some of her work at Margie Aslett's Girl's Loft blog where she is a member of the Design Team.  Jen just went back to teaching recently so I don't get to see her very often, but she had a crop at the store last night so I took my flower pieces and a tote full of bits and pieces knowing full well I wasn't going to get anything done cause we'd be talking the entire time.  LOL  I did manage to get the flowers put together and picked up some Pink Paislee paper I'm going to make a mini with.  GASP!  A mini!!!!  Yes!  Jen's mom asked me to make a sample mini for the store with the American Crafts Christmas paper and now that I've done that I have GOT to make another mini.  So you should be seeing that here soon.  I would show you the one for the store but I forgot to take pics.  Oops!
I've been fighting with my blog post pictures forever.  There is just NO decent light anywhere in my house and I can't find anywhere outside that doesn't wash all the color out so . . . I started looking at light tents.  YIKES!!  Those things can get expensive, so I started hunting online for instructions to make your own and by putting together bits and pieces of several I spent all morning making my own light box and the above photo is the result.  I'm really happy with it.  No paper seam lines in the back and I think the colors are truer.  Here's what my little creation looks like.


Please excuse the messy desk.  I don't use it, so everything piles up on it but it's the perfect place for the box because I had to have something to clip the light to and the top of the desk is the perfect height.  I saw light boxes for as much as $465!  Guess how much mine cost.

Wal-mart:  cardboard shipping box--$.88
2 pieces of white posterboard--$1.94
masking tape--$2.17
white fabric--from my stash
clamp light--$6.97
Lowes:  Reveal Crystal Clear bulbs--$3.58
Grand Total = $15.54 plus tax!

Pretty good huh!  and it was really easy too!!
Okay now on to the challenges that I'm entering this card in.

A Pocket Full of Posies--Autumn leaves
Paper Playtime--main color orange
Stampin for the Weekend--Halloween or Fall
The Pixie Cottage--stitching
Tuesday Throwdown--3 of an element
Wild Orchid Challenge--stitching
Crazy4Challenges--fall or autumn
Mark's Finest Papers--stitching
The Stamp Man--autumn
Totally Papercrafts--autumn
Creative Belli--pumpkins
Stampavie & More--autumn
Digital Tuesday--stitching + digi
The Shabby Tea Room--pumpkins
Pals Paper Arts--fall inspiration
Sweet Stampin Challenge--ribbon
Baby Buds Design Challenge--fall or Halloween

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Supplies
Papers:  Recollections, Bazzill, American Crafts, Moxxie, Strathmore Watercolor paper
Stamps:  Fred, She Said Designs Pumpkins, Inkadinkado Garden Flower
Inks+:  Prismacolor pencils, Gemini Masterpiece Odorless Mineral Spirits, Frayed Burlap and Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink, Versafine Vintage Sepia
Tools:  Fiskars Circle Cutter, EK Success Retro Flower punches, Martha Stewart Rose leaf punch, sewing machine
Miscellaneous:  Recollections adhesive pearls, ribbon from my stash

30 comments:

  1. I love the autumn colors and that circle on there really makes the design POP! :)

    I've been thinking about making one of those boxes for a while now. I think you've pushed me over that edge. Thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card. I saw it on my reader and it just popped out at me. I have been wanting to make a light box and loved yours. I like the cost effective way you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card!! Beautiful autumn colors and images and fabulous stitching details!!

    Thank you, Tracy, for sharing your exquisite work with the Friends of Speedy the Cat in this week's stitching challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful design and card. Love all the details and so pretty with the fall elements.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the light box. Hubby recently made me one../ The difference in pics are amazing!

    Love your card too, The design is superb.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so beautiful - I love that layout! Thank you for playing with us at Speedy's Friend's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pumpkin card Tracy! Your colours are absolutely very autumn! You did a superb job on your light box, too! I always have trouble in having the right light, clever girl you are! Ira

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the light tent that you made, it works great! Your card is really beautiful. Love the harvest pumpkins.
    Thanks for sharing with us and for joining Speedy's Friends this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so pretty, just perfectly autumn card. thanks for joining our challenge
    Mary Anne
    "bbd"

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh what a gorgeous card Tracy!!! I love this FSS image and the papers you choose to coordinate are beautiful!!!

    Wowza, you did a fab job creating your own light box!! I keep wanting to do that, but never take the time! Your card photo looks great!
    hope you're enjoying your Sunday!
    hugs & blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so talented Tracy, your DIY light box is super, I can see the effect on your card. Much softer lights and more true colours, and for the price even better! And don't forget my dear Tracy, after diamonds, photoshop is a girls second most best friend! Post edit for extra brightness and contrast :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh this is LOVELY! Great colors and design! Thank you for joining us in the Belli Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tracy! What a gorgeous card!!!! Wow the Fall colors are fantastic and I adore the sketch!
    Thanks so much for the great light box idea!
    Thanks for joining the WOC Challenge this week!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh great card and love your light box! I have been trying to get something rigged up for mine.. right now its just a white cube! Thank you for joining us at The Pixie Cottage Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card with a wonderful layout. Love your color choice. Thanks for participating in the Creative Belli challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful card AND fabulous homemade light box! You should put kits together and sell them -- I'd purchase one! Brilliant :) Thanks for sharing with us this week in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous pumpkin image!! Perfect for the fall. Loved how you colored it. Great take on the Pals Paper Arts challenge. Thanks for playing with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card Tracy and I love the box idea ! TFS !
    HUGS,JANIE

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love posts like this! Great card too. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'this week x

    ReplyDelete
  22. BEAUTIFUL, I love everything about it!!
    Thanks for joining the Pixie Cottage this week
    Adrina XX

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, this looks fantastic! The papers are really gorgeous and your coloring is perfect.

    Thanks for joining us at SAM this week.

    Hugs, Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey, Tracy!! Beautiful card!! I must say, though...from someone who struggles and worries about pix...I am most excited about your light box!! I shoulda known there would be instructions online for these! I always feel so stupid, dragging my cards all over the backyard, looking for just the right light. That's going to be a little tricky this winter;) This is such a great idea!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. what a pretty fall card, tracy!
    ohmy, i totally need a light box!! it's always dark when i get home and the lighting in my place is terrible! not sure if i know how to make one though, hehe.
    thanks for sharing :)!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card and super cool light box! You need to come out here and help me make one!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your card, what a great layout! and your lightbox looks great!
    Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a fab card! Now I'm thinking of yummy pumpkin soup! Thanks for joining in at The Stamp Man challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  29. this is just gorgeous! Thank you so much for entering the SFTW challenge and good luck! And great light box btw

    ReplyDelete
  30. This card is perfection! I love the layout, the colors, the coloring, the embellishing...do you need my addy?! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I enjoy reading your thoughts and opinions. OR . . . just say hello!