This week's Tag Tuesday challenge at Louise's Kard Krazy blog was to create a tag using faces. I got this image from The Graphics Fairy about a week ago and I thought she was so pretty. Apparently she was an actress around the turn of the century in both silent and then speaking films named Maude Fealey.For my tag I used a standard office tag which I stamped on with two Martha Stewart Stamps. I used two different embossing powders. The light brown is a regular Zing embossing powder and the pink is Tattered Rose Distress Embossing powder. After rubbing off the distress crystals, I then inked the whole tag with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I printed the image off my computer and then lightly went over it with the Vintage Photo to give it an aged look. The base for the picture is a piece of vellum that I stamped with a script stamp. This was glued onto the tag and then I added some random spots of Glossy Accents and sprinkled it with clear glass microbeads. I was trying to go for a vintage wall paper look and I was pleased with how it came out. I added a piece of pink ribbon at the top, sponged with Tattered Rose Distress Ink, and some white trim at the bottom, which I sponged with the Vintage Photo and added some pearl trim to.
Supplies
Paper: Office Depot shipping tag, clear vellum, Great White Photo Imaging Paper
Stamps: Martha Stewart Clear Camellias, Inkadinkado Script
Inks+: Vintage Photo and Tattered Rose Distress Inks, Stazon Timber Brown; Tattered Rose Distress Embossing powder, Zing Brown Sugar Embossing powder
Miscellaneous: Michaels Celebrate It pink ribbon, Wrights pearl trim, glass microbeads
Hope you like the tag!
Blessings,
Pretty tag Love the summery colors!
ReplyDeleteLovely tag Tracy, great embossing! And the trimming is wonderful as well!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Ira
A very pretty tag, Tracy. The golden tones are wonderful as is the lace trim.
ReplyDeleteLovely summery golden tag. The actresses always had such a serious expression back then. :)
ReplyDeleteOh this is my type of tag - beautiful image, beautiful tag. TFS. Lynne M (thank you so much for your lovely comment at my Blog Adorn :)
ReplyDeleteYour tag turned out great Tracy.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing,
~KristinaH