1. I cut a 6x6 piece of medium weight chipboard and painted around the outer edges with Picket Fence Crackle Paint
2. The background image was printed onto a piece of sticky-back canvas, which was frayed and then adhered to the chipboard
3. The vintage image was distressed and adhered to the background
4. The letters and stars were cut using my Cricut. The letters were layered onto inked cardstock, cut around and distressed. The stars were covered with more sticky-back canvas and inked.
5. I inked a piece of white satin ribbon with Fired Brick Distress Ink, added a button, and some wire to complete the project.
Paper: chipboard, Claudine Hellmuth's Studio Sticky-back Canvas; white cardstock
Ink: Frayed Burlap and Fired Brick Distress Ink, Stazon Timber Brown; Picket Fence Distress Crackle Paint
Miscellaneous: ribbon, button, wire
You can still get an entry in for this challenge. The deadline for submission is 12:00 p.m. (EST) Saturday, July 3. If you can’t play this week, make sure you check out the Papercraft Star blog to see what the next challenge is and come play along. Don't forget to pop in to the blog and cast your vote starting after noon Saturday and ending on Monday. You don't have to submit a project to vote, but you can help us pick a winner.
Have a Happy Fourth of July weekend!
Friday, July 2, 2010
Papercraft Star Challenge #2
i love your wall hanging, tracy! it's beautiful. love the hanging stars. thanks for sharing and have a great friday and weekend! *hugs* steph :)
I truly love everything that you do. This is a real favorite of mine for sure ! Isn't that Uncle Sam so cute with his long long legs ! Great job with the challenge this week, Tracy. HUGS !
What a great wall hanger Tracy, it's good to be proud of your country, Happy 4th of July!
I just love this! You did a grat job! What a wonderful decoration to hang in your home!
Tracy, I LOVE it!!! You rocked this one girl, big time!
Love love love it!
This is fabulous. Love the wall hanging. :)
What a neat project!! :D
This is a fabulous project... I just love your take on the challenge!
Love your wall hanging. Love the vintage americana look and feel. Beautiful!
Post a Comment