Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fred, She Said Designs Digi of the Week

As a member of the Design Team at Fred, She Said Designs, we each get to pick out one of Tracey's amazing digis to put on sale at the store.  I've picked the Sunflowers and Thankfulness digi and pre-colored sets.  These sets are on sale at the Fred, She Said store for 40% off through midnight Monday, October 25th.
My sample project using this digi set is a tea light box card. 


You can find instructions for how to make one of these at Stampartic.  All the measurements are in metric, which is what I used and it really wasn't hard at all.  I did have to do a little tweaking on some of the design paper measurements only because of the particular border punch I used on the edges.
The card base is Bazill French Vanilla and the Design paper is Recollections from Michaels.  If you've never bought one of Tracey's digi sets before you need to know that you don't just get one image.  In this set you'll find sentiments, individual and group sunflowers, the frame, and the frame and flowers. 
I combined one of the sentiments and the frame and flowers for the cover of the card box.  A little bit of punch work, some pearls, ribbon and the image colored with watercolour pencils make up the cover.

On the inside there is a pocket with a tag that I made using the sunflower grouping, also colored with watercolour pencils.  The little swirly flourish on the pocket was created with Glossy Accents and bronze Perfect Pearls.  The little box holds six tea light candles.  I used the frame digi as a template to cut out the viewing hole in the box.
This looks complicated but it's really easy and makes a cute gift.
Happy Tuesday!


Supplies

Papers:  Bazill, Recollections
Stamps:  Fred, She Said Designs "Sunflowers and Thankfulness" digi set
Inks+:  Derwent Watercolour pencils, Frayed Burlap Distress Ink
Tools:  Martha Stewart Doily Lace border punch
Miscellaneous:  Offray ribbon, Kaisercraft pearls

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Your tea light box card makes a wonderful gift indeed! It's very pretty with all these lovely details you used. The recipient will be over the moon! Hugs, Ira

Nancy said...

Wow Tracy! I thought that was just one of the most beautiful cards EVER...you know I LOVE sunflowers...but then you opened it up! It's not even a card but a treasure box of goodness! How wonderful! You just continue to amaze me!...Nancy :o)

Unknown said...

amazing tea light box card ...very inspiring ....I am definitely going to try this one

Unknown said...

WOW, Tracy This is beautiful, You are so creative.. I just love everything about it...

Hugs, Linda

Maria Matter said...

oh Tracy, this is just gorgeous!!! I don't think I ever saw a tea light box card...what a brilliant idea! fabulous, fabulous job!!!
hugs & blessings!

♥Jan♥ said...

I really really really love this, what a delightful gift, you have my snail address, right ?

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my goodness, this is beyond beautiful. What a gorgeous gift! Your design is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a precious gift, tracy! love it! thanks for sharing and hope you're having a great week so far! *hugs* steph :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such an amazing project Tracy, it really makes good gift! thanks for sharing, and we do missed you! By the way, I might want to buy one of that light box from you, LOL! You are just too good my dear! Thanks for sharing once again!

Kristina said...

That is an amazing project and what a wonderful gift! You always amaze me with you talent!!

Suzanne C said...

Wow. Wonderful stationary set.

Michelle Pearson said...

This is just amazing....I love it...VERY cool! :)