If you missed my Mo's Digital Pencil card for today, you can find it here.
A few days ago my buddy Alyce sent me an email asking if I had seen the Guest Design Team call at Saturated Canary. Now peeps this is soooo much an Alyce thing cause I mean, let's be real, Alyce is a coloring master. I cheered her on of course and figured I'd watch from the sidelines. If you've ever perused the entries at the Saturated Canary Challenge you know that there are some amazing ladies out there who really make those images shine.
Well don't ask me why but I got the crazy idea to give it a shot and this is what I came up with. I like everything but the shoes. I blew it with the shoes. I actually had them colored pretty decently but once I got the card put together the brightness of the red just seemed to clash so badly with the burgundy. I tried to tone them down a bit but it really made them lose the definition I had originally. I should have done them in the deeper mahogany red shades to match but I had colored the image before picking out paper. Bad, bad Tracy! I hardly ever do that and I paid the price this time. Since the card is made I figured I'd go ahead and enter it anyway. At least I got a chance to play with Dorothy.
If you like the little basket weave panel behind Dorothy, tune in here next Wednesday for my Kraft Journal tutorial and I'll show you how I made it. Unfortunately most of it got covered up so you can't see the color variation very well, but you'll see it in the tute.
Krista, your images are off the chart girl. Can't wait for the new release, just in time for my birthday! Hope this card makes you smile just a little.
A HUGE thanks to all of you who have left me early birthday wishes. You guys are the best! There's still plenty of time to enter my candy.
Besides the GDT call I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Crafts and Me--anything goes
Little Red Wagon--get krafty
Bunny Zoe's--girls, girls, girls
Make It Monday--anything goes
The Crazy Challenge--ribbon/twine, gems/pearls, dies/punches
Cutie Pie--real or faux stitching
Have an awesome day!
- Paper: Simple Stories "Generations", Bazzill, Kraft Outlet Light Kraft and chipboard, Copic XPress-it Blending card
- Stamp: Saturated Canary "Dorothy"
- Ink: Copics, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain and Frayed Burlap Distress ink
- Tools: Nestabilities Standard Circles and Romantic Rectangles, Martha Stewart Daisy edge punch and Photo Corner punch, sewing machine
- Miscellaneous: Recollections pearls, roses, and brads, lace from my stash, DMC embroidery thread, Offray ribbon, Wild Orchids large rose, Xmas Stickles, Caramel Apple, Vanilla Breeze, and Old Lace Glimmer Mist