I just love these little sailors and you can find the set in Mo's store right here. He's colored in Copics of course and I used some My Mind's Eye Portabello Road papers to keep in the vein of the vintage look of his clothing. Isn't his face just so sweet and so is his bear's! Normally I'm just passably happy with how the hair turns out on my images, but I am really happy with this one. He has easy hair though so maybe that's why it came out better. LOL
Come join in the fun for your chance at a $5.00 gift certificate from Mo's store.
I have a little tip for some of you today. I don't know about you, but I love to look at your posted cards up close. Since Blogger made those major changes a while back, the default setting on everyone's blog makes clicked on photos pop up in those dreaded black light boxes that will not magnify. It's super simple to change that so that visitors can blow up your card photos for a better look.
Here are the simple steps:
- In the top right hand corner of your blog click on "Design".
- On the left hand side of the design page you'll find a list of options, click "Settings".
- In the secondary listing choose "Posts and Comments".
- Under Posts you'll see "Showcase images with lightbox", choose "NO".
- Save the settings and you'll be good to go. :-)
Keep me in your thoughts today. Our sweet friends have come in from Florida for a visit and their six year old will be spending the day with me tomorrow. Keeping up with her is going to be a job for me. LOL It's been a while since I've had to chase my 21 year old daughter around. I just love this little girl to pieces though so it will be worth it.
I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Chocolate, Coffee, and Cards--anything goes
Crafts and Me--1 image, 2 papers, 3 embellishments
Whimsy Stamps Inspiration--anything goes
Craft Room Challenge--friendship
Papertake Weekly--anything goes
Top Tip Tuesday--one for the men
Kaboodle Doodles--a boy's life
Make It Monday--anything goes
The Cutie Pie Challenge--one for the boys
Craft Your Days Away--teddy bears
Sugar Creek Hollow--vintage children
Crafts 4 Eternity Recipe challenge--bears
Have a blessed day!
- Paper: My Mind's Eye Lost and Found--Portabello Road, Recollections, Kraft Outlet Light Kraft
- Stamp: Mo's Digital Pencil "Sailor Boys 3", Michael's $1 bin alphabet
- Ink: Copic, Walnut Stain Distress ink, Memento Tuxedo Black
- Tools: Stampin' Up Small Ticket Corner punch, Martha Stewart Photo Corner punch
- Miscellaneous: Offray ribbon, buttons from my stash, Kraft Outlet Hang Tag String