Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Hello owl


     I'm not quite sure how owls got connected with fall, but I'm seeing them everywhere in decorations for the season.  So today I am adding little Shadow owl from Purple Onion Designs to the mix.  He's sitting on Blossoming perch.  Both stamps are from Stacey Yacula.  I outlined the image circle with some Liquid pearl dots.
     Happy hump day!!

Supplies:
Paper--Crate Paper "Farmhouse", Recollections, Copic XPress-it Blending card
Stamps--Purple Onion Designs "Shadow" from Stacey Yacula's A Sweet Summer collection and "Blossoming Perch" from her A Beautiful Day collection
Ink-Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Black Onyx
Copics Used:
owl E13, E23, E31, E51, E57
branch E71, E74, E79, YG03, YG21, YG95
flowers YR68, Y19, Y06
Tools--Quickutz Nesting Circles
Miscellaneous--Bisque Liquid pearls

13 comments:

Nancy said...

Absolutely FABULOUS card, Tracy! I love the colours and papers you used. What you do with those Purple Onion images...well, it's turning them into some of my very favorite stamps! I'm going to have to get me some! :o)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, adorable image, beautiful colours and wonderful layout too.
hugs Sue xx

Renee B. said...

This is pretty adorable Tracy! I have an owl card in the works too....for Hubby's BD.
Hugs, Renee

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card with a fab design. Very nice papers and a cute owl. I love how you made this all come together! hugs, Marlies

Geri Neumann said...

Clever little dots of liquid pearls around your circle die cut. Love the cute little owl on his branch. Hugs, Geri N

KimCreate said...

Very cute Owl card!

Lisa Minckler said...

I tell you what....there's one outside my window that's about to become a thing of the past if it doesn't quit hooting at ungodly hours of the night. I don't care if it aids in the fall ambiance of our home or not. I know a good taxidermist that could make him perfect for the holidays! Mommy needs SLEEPY!!!
Now, about your card.....that is exquisite!!! I absolutely LOVE how you can take a very 'active' DP and blend it so wonderfully with other patterns and still your image takes center stage with your coloring. It's a gorgeous card!!!
Big hugs to you H,
T

Unknown said...

So cute, Tracy! I love POD's images. :)
Have a lovely day...

Ros Crawford said...

This is gorgeous right down to those beautiful pearls framing the circle!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, what a sweetie owl he is! Yes, not sure either why the owls and fall are connected, but I've seen a lot of them. My mom used to collect them and finally had to say "stop." People kept giving her anything and everything with an owl...some not anything she liked...haha! But I do love this little fella, and I know she'd have loved it too! Beautifully done, and I love the DP. Hugs, sweet friend!

Audrey Pettit said...

Awww, he is so very, very sweet!

Pauline said...

Fabulous Tracy, such a cute little owl. Your papers are perfect, love the liquid pearl dots around the circle. This is such a happy card - gorgeous! I have this little guy as well, and just order a whole bunch more images, now I just need enough time to play with them.! Hugs