Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Blooming Heart

This month's ATC swap at The {Scrap} Beach had a theme of "A Mother's Love". I knew from the beginning that I wanted to use this vintage rose image I found online. I just LOVE the colors in it. The idea for the card came together very slowly, piece by piece but here it is.

The card backing is Bristol board. I picked up a pack of these precut at Michael's. The background is inked with Tattered Rose and Tea Dye Distress inks and edged with Tea Dye and Vintage Photo. I also sprayed it with Irridescent Gold Glimmer Mist. The heart is chipboard cut on my Cricut, painted with white acrylic paint and edged with Tea Dye and Vintage Photo. I printed the rose image twice and layered it with pop dots. It's also coated with Rock Candy Crackle Paint. A little Making Memories Vintage Findings designer paper, ribbon, pearls, and a vellum sentiment finish it up.
I should have some more cards coming up. I think I'm going to try my hand at combining more than one challenge into my card this week.
On a personal note, I'd appreciate it if you all would pray for my friend. She was in a head on collision Tuesday and her back was broken. Her spinal cord was not supposed to be involved and she was still able to move her legs. However, she went through a six hour surgery yesterday in which they found that one of her vertebra had shattered and the pieces had gotten into her spinal column. The surgery went well, but we'll have to see today if the removal of those pieces and the surgery itself have any effect on her ability to walk. Please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for popping in!

3 comments:

~* steph :) *~ said...

your ATC is just so pretty, tracy! i love it! what a sweet sentiment that is so true. those pearls are so gorgeous!
what kind of pink flower is that in the front? that's a real one, right? it's so pretty!
your friend is in my thoughts and so are you girl. take care and be strong. love ya.

Tracy said...

What a beautiful ATC.
Sorry to hear about your friend. hope all goes well and she heals quickly.

Kristina said...

Hi Tracy! Your ATC is wonderful...you always create such beautiful things!!
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope things are going well for her. I will keep her in my prayers.

Take care,
~KristinaH