Thursday, June 24, 2010

Airmail to Paris

The challenge at Tag Tuesday this week was to use postage. The beautiful Eiffel Tower image is from The Graphics Fairy. This is a very simple tag but I love the image.
My love for things French has a lot to do with my ancestry. The French first landed on the Mississippi Gulf Coast in 1699 and established the very first French settlement of the Louisiana Colony there. After the later establishment of New Orleans, those who braved the immigration from France to the new colony began to spread out in all directions. My ancestors settled for the majority on the Mississippi Coast with a few over near Mobile in Alabama. Can you tell I'm a genealogy/history buff? LOL Flanders, Bordeaux, Avignon, Moulins, and Paris. Those are only a few of the birthplaces of my ancestors. I doubt I'll ever get to visit France but the connection to my family history just draws me to all things French. My husband can claim French ancestry also, but I doubt our respective families would ever have crossed paths. LOL He can lay claim to pretty much every royal family from just about every European country and my kin were regular ole hard working peasants. Didn't know you were going to get a history lesson today did ya?

Supplies
Paper: making Memories Vintage Findings, white card stock
Inks: Black Soot, Vintage Photo, and Mahogany Distress Ink
Miscellaneous: Prima rose, lace trim, fibers
Hope you like the tag. Have a blessed day!

13 comments:

Heather Rogers said...

Beautiful tag Tracy! Love the Frech look. :)

~* steph :) *~ said...

love your tag, tracy! love everything french :). thanks for sharing :)! have a great thursday, dear friend. *hugs* steph :)

Unknown said...

First of all what a fab tag Tracy, c'est très jolie, ta carte! And what a wonderful story you shared with us today regarding your ancestry. Does make you wish to step into a time machine, LOL! (if only THAT could be achieved, to be in the midst of history itself). TFS! Hugs, Ira

Unknown said...

What a great Tag, And Thanks for the little history lesson, I enjoyed it!

~Linda

Jacqueline said...

So stamp, so tag - delightful - I so love French orientated art!

Wendy said...

Great tag. Beautiful in it's simplicity.

Terry said...

Always love learning while enjoying beauty! Great tag!

Erica said...

Love it! What a fabulous stamp. I did a Paris theme, too!

Sarah said...

I love the simplicity of your tag. Very nicely done!

Sharon McGarry Sams said...

Sometimes simplicity is just perfect. Great job.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Love love love that Paris image! Nice tag!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Love your Parisian tag, Tracy. It's beautiful!

Martha said...

I love the history lesson! Your tag is lovely and I really like the colors you chose to use on it.