This week at Tag Tuesday Challenge #55 Louise challenged us to use our favorite things or things that are kind of signature items in our creations. I love making tags. They may be small but they open the door for a lot of creative imagination. This one includes some of my handmade flowers and one of my dryer sheet butterflies. You can find a tutorial on how I make these on my YouTube channel.
Here are the favorite/signature things that I included on my tag.
1. a vintage image--I LOVE any and everything vintage
2. wrinkle distress--gotta make it look old and worn
3. pink and brown color combination--these colors just make me think of something that has been loved and well worn from repeated use, like a love letter that you read over and over
4. distress ink--nothing compares to the look of distress ink
5. ribbon--love the soft touch it adds, most of my stuff has a definite feminine element to it
6. French script--this just adds a little romantic flair. You can't go wrong with anything French
7. butterflies--they just always seem to add the perfect little accent
8. my handmade flowers--anyone who's looked at my previous work knows that I LOVE to make my own flowers and I incorporate them a lot in my work. They take a lot of time but I never regret putting them on a project.
Images: ballerina from The Graphics Fairy; French script letter from
Paper: manilla folder, copy paper, photo paper, black and white cardstock
Ink: Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint, and Tattered Rose Distress Ink; Tsuninko Galaxy Gold; Vanilla Breeze and Creme de Rouge Glimmer
Tools: Nestabilities Classic Ovals Large (S4-110)
This was a really fun challenge. Thanks Louise!
And thanks to everyone who left me a sweet comment about my place on the Papercraft Star Design Team. If you don't know what I'm talking about check the previous post for today.
Thanks for popping in.