Saturday, July 3, 2010

Go Vote! and a recent project

Just a little reminder that voting has started over at Papercraft Star. Hop on over there and cast a vote for your favorite between now and Monday night. You'll notice something a little different this week. The Design Team members were allowed to enter their projects for this week's challenge. We are NOT in running for the prize. That will go to one of our non-designer participants. You can vote for one of our projects if it's your favorite though.

Also wanted to let you know that I have added a gmail address (see top of my sidebar) here on my blog just in case you need to send me a personal message or have questions you don't want to post as a comment.

Besides cards, I've been making a few little projects lately that were sent to some friends as thank you's. Below is one I made for my friend Alee'. She is one of the sweetest people I know and best of all . . .she's my prayer warrior! Alee' and I met via our YouTube channels and just hit it off. She has two beautiful girls and a husband who is very supportive of her hobby. She just started her own etsy store (Jentaleigh's Shop) if you'd like to check it out. She has some yummy flower embellies and some absolutely gorgeous jeweled stick pins.

I decided to make a banner for her. She'll tell you straight off that she's blessed, so I knew exactly what the banner was going to spell out. I used some Basic Grey Bittersweet DP (love BG!). I did not have a single triangle shape on any of the Cricut carts I own so I had to make my own template. I added lace, ribbons, buttons, silk roses, pearls, bling, and punched paper flowers. The letters were covered with acrylic paint and sprinkled with embossing powder when still wet. It gives a cool effect when melted with a heat gun. You can see it in this photo.
My mini album is coming along well so I should have some pics and a video of it up fairly soon. I'm famously slow on my minis so be patient. I'm a bit OCD with them. LOL

Have a wonderful Fourth of July weekend and don't forget to go cast your vote!
Blessings,

5 comments:

~* steph :) *~ said...

beautiful banner for alee'! have a wonderful 4th of july weekend! *hugs* steph :)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful way to express your friendship Tracy, it's become a very pretty banner! Happy 4th of July, take care, ~Ira

Heather Rogers said...

So pretty! I love banners. :)

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful banner! Love the details.

Kristina said...

I wish I could come up with a bigger variety of adjectives to describe your projects!! How about is supercalifragalistic! (is that how you even spell it? lol)

It's wonderful my friend!
Kristina