1. I cut a 6x6 piece of medium weight chipboard and painted around the outer edges with Picket Fence Crackle Paint
2. The background image was printed onto a piece of sticky-back canvas, which was frayed and then adhered to the chipboard
3. The vintage image was distressed and adhered to the background
4. The letters and stars were cut using my Cricut. The letters were layered onto inked cardstock, cut around and distressed. The stars were covered with more sticky-back canvas and inked.
5. I inked a piece of white satin ribbon with Fired Brick Distress Ink, added a button, and some wire to complete the project.
Paper: chipboard, Claudine Hellmuth's Studio Sticky-back Canvas; white cardstock
Ink: Frayed Burlap and Fired Brick Distress Ink, Stazon Timber Brown; Picket Fence Distress Crackle Paint
Miscellaneous: ribbon, button, wire
You can still get an entry in for this challenge. The deadline for submission is 12:00 p.m. (EST) Saturday, July 3. If you can’t play this week, make sure you check out the Papercraft Star blog to see what the next challenge is and come play along. Don't forget to pop in to the blog and cast your vote starting after noon Saturday and ending on Monday. You don't have to submit a project to vote, but you can help us pick a winner.
Have a Happy Fourth of July weekend!
Friday, July 2, 2010
Papercraft Star Challenge #2