Monday, August 16, 2010

Quilted Hearts


This was not my original idea for this weeks challenge at City Crafters Challenge Blog, but I like it a lot better. :) The theme this week was "I Left My Heart in San Francisco", focusing on the heart part. The color palette and tone of the card come from the new challenge at the EmbellishMagazine.com. Color Challenge. They wanted a "quirky-cutesy, clean style" card using sea foam, peach, cream and kraft colors.
Lots of hearts, and though this may not qualify for quirky, I think it qualifies for cutesy and clean. LOL The colors are beautiful together and I love quilts. This card made me think about some doll quilts I made for my daughter when she was little.
For a little extra something, I made some little seed bead daisies to add along the bottom of the card.

Supplies
Paper: Recollections cardstock, Kraft cardstock, Provocraft Mini Stack, October Afternoon Fly a Kite and Thrift Shop, Iron Orchid Designs
Tools: Cricut, needle and thread
Miscellaneous: The Robert Stanley Collection ribbon, seed beads

Thanks for stopping in today!

12 comments:

Kristina said...

Really cute card Tracy! This would be great for a baby :)

Unknown said...

love the quilted heats thanks for joining us at the CCCB

Ros said...

oooh! theses hearts are lovely ... So glad you joined us at CCCB

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute lil' heart quilt Tracy! Full of love :)

♥Jan♥ said...

This is so lovely - it completely does make me think of a doll quilt. The seed daisies are darling, you sure have patience girlfriend. I am going to have to try that challenge, you sure make some cute things from them !!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

The quilted hearts are so sweet, love the soft tone, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Unknown said...

This is wonderful.. I just love all those hearts. and your little beaded flowers are so sweet! Thanks for joining us this week at CCCB!

cnelson said...

so pretty! love the quilted look! thank you for joining us as CCCB!

Unknown said...

What a sweet card Tracy, the papers are just perfect for the quilty look and I love the beaded flowers!

Suzanne C said...

Love the heart quilt. So sweet and pretty! It looks like it is a small quilt!

Charlene Austin said...

Cute cute cute!!! I absolutely love the quilt look. You did NOT make those seed bead flowers??!!!! They are amazing!!

Thanks so much for joining in on the Embellish Challenge!

Traveling Mama said...

Tracy, this is so cute! I love the hearts and the quilt feel! Thanks so much for playing along with us! Hugs from Denmark!