Thursday, October 14, 2010

Just Inspirational Challenge #16

Our challenge this week at Just Inspirational Challenges is to make a stamped project--ink or digi.  It doesn't have to be a Christmas image.  Our sponsor is Crafty Sentiments Designs and Suzette gave the DT this cute little snowman to work with.  This turned into a VERY monochromatic card but I'm happy with it.  The image is watercolored and there's lots of layers.  For the flower I made the bottom petals with some of the paper I used in the layering and a flower punch and then I stuck a mulberry paper rose in the center that I inked with a little Distress ink.
Blessings!


Supplies

Papers:  Georgia Pacific white cardstock, Coordinations, Recollections, Paper Pizazz, Strathmore Watercolor paper
Stamp:  Crafty Sentiments
Inks+:  Derwent Watercolour pencils, Diamond Stickles, Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, pearl Perfect Pearls, Tulip white Puff Paint
Tools:  Nestabilities Classic Squares Large (S4-126) and Standard Circles Large (S4-114), Martha Stewart Layered Arches border punch
Miscellaneous:  Offray and American Crafts ribbon, Recollections mini rose

6 comments:

Dana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dana said...

Let's try this again. Blogger is giving me fits tonight! I just love this card!! It really blew me away when I click on the larger image. I just love all those layers and I love that monochromatic look. The stickles around your images really adds some zing! Just love it!
Hugs~
Dana

Nancy said...

So cute! Again I love the blue! That stamp is adorable and the sparkle is just wonderful! I can't wait for the snow to come!...Nancy :o)

Unknown said...

Such a wonderful wintery card Tracy! Love the snowman and the background paper is just the thing, Ira

Kristina said...

I love this card Tracy!! Snowmen are my favorite holiday decoration. I try to pick up a new one every year, although I am running out of room!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely card! The snowman is adorable and love the monochromatic feel of the card.