It's time to vote at Papercraft Star so hop over there and cast your votes for your top two favorites. After that make sure you check out the next challenge coming up. It's another sketch challenge so you can put on your thinking caps and be all ready for Wednesday when the link opens up.
In case you didn't know, Papercraft Star also has a Message Board. We'd love for you to stop by and check it out. There are lots and lots of categories on everything from Cricut, to Copics, to thought provoking questions on the Question of the Day board. Ask a question or answer one. We'd love to have you join in.
Tomorrow is the last day to sign up for my Blogaversary candy giveaway. I'll be drawing a name on Monday. This is totally open to all my Design Team team mates so if you haven't entered because you thought you shouldn't--you should! :-) Thank you! Thanks you! to all my new subscribers. I appreciate your support and words of encouragement. I hope you can always find something here to inspire, help, or just make you smile. As for my old followers--double ditto! You've all made this such a wonderful year for me.
I rarely post about any recognition I get on my projects. I just note it in the sidebar and march on along. I feel really awkward about tooting my own horn, but I was really excited that the Valentine Book of Love got a Spotlight at City Crafter and a Top Three at Paper Sundaes. I really loved making that project so that was a wonderful blessing to me and since so many of you liked it, I thought I'd share that bit of news.
Not only that, but I actually won something! Not for a project, but in a drawing. Most of you probably know who Chris Olsen is. If you've entered ANY card challenges you've bound to have seen some of her projects. That is one talented lady. You can check out her work on her blog, Twinkles Glow with Stamps. I won a set of Whimsy stamps there this week. YAY!
Last but not least, my sweet friend Robyn of Injoy Stampin' with Robyn over in Ireland gave me a blog award. Robyn was a huge encouragement to me when I first started making YouTube videos. If you've never seen her work you should check out her YT channel injoystampin. She makes the most beautiful mini albums and one of her other projects was recently featured on Wild Orchid Crafts store page.
For this award I'm supposed to give you eight random facts about myself and pass the award on to eight other "stylish" bloggers. Let's see if I can come up with eight things I haven't already told you about myself.
- I went to college for accounting. I got an associates degree and one of my professors got me a job at a jewelry store in the mall where I eventually became the office manager. It was my first real job, and my last one, LOL, many many years ago.
- One of Robyns facts was that she loved a proper English accent. So do I! I certainly don't mind a Scottish or Aussie one either. LOL
- I talk to my dog--a lot! :-) She's 12 years old now and I told my husband if anything happens to her I'm going to have to get another dog. He said he didn't know about that, but I told him, "Honey, you don't realize how much I talk to that dog during the day!" LOL Maybe that's why she thinks she's a human???
- I'm sort of a closet crafter. Only a couple of my friends actually know about my blogging and YouTubing, and since they are not really computer people, have not seen either to my knowledge. Some know I make cards and scrapbook, but not to what extent.
- In all honesty, I spend WAY too much time on my crafting habit. I've been trying to do better lately. It's just so easy to get caught up in the creative process. I love the challenge to my mind, but family needs to come first.
- My kitchen is decorated with chickens and roosters. I am a born and bred country girl after all.
- I love old musicals. Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire, Bing Crosby--incredible! My daughter and I watch White Christmas every year together and if we get lucky enough to have a little time to spend together we love to watch others on TCM. I like some of the non-musicals too like It Happened One Night with Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert.
- I would love to own a BMW, but my daughters boyfriend told me he'd have to stop dating her if I got such a snobby car for our community. LOL
- Jan at chai tea 'n me
- Dana at Dana's Inspirations
- Kim at Paper Loves Glue
- Linda at Lovely Linda's Craft Central!!
- Geri at Paper Wishes
- Lisa at What a Beautiful Mess
- Linda R. at My Happy Place!
- Kirsty at Handmade Little Things
It was hard to pick just eight of you cause I have such wonderfully talented friends. I know some people don't really want to pass these things along or list the information so I'll leave that totally up to your discretion. :-) My main purpose was to make you smile today.
Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!