Thursday, March 31, 2011

Best Friends


     This card was sooo much fun to make.  It feels like forever since I've really sat down and created something just for the fun of it.  I had made a card of this style for the Fred, She Said blog hop and had several requests for the instructions (you can scroll down a couple of posts to find the tutorial) so I needed to make another one for some instructional pics.  No use letting the parts and pieces go to waste so this is what came out of them.
     Sadly this is not the only Lili of the Valley stamp I have that hadn't been inked yet.  I hope to put the rest of them to use very soon.  This one is called "Best Friends" and it was a dream to color, especially since it got stamped on a piece of the brand new pack of Copic Express-it blending card I just got.  I've been using Gina K and there is a huge difference.  The Copic paper was incredible to blend on.  I was worried at first because everything seemed so dark, but as it dried or soaked into the paper it looked fine.
     For my papers I used a combination of DCWV and the gorgeous GCD Studios Ella Blue stack.  Love that brown and blue combination.  The rose on the front of the envelope is my first try at a new style of rose made using the Retro Flower punches.  I was pleased at how it turned out for a first try and I'm sure they'll get better with practice.  I colored some white cardstock with a couple of the blue Copics I used on the image so the rose and little flowers would match the image and papers.  I also used my Copics on the pearls.

     I was very happy with the image except for the hair.  I haven't got the hair techniques down yet, but I had lots of fun anyway.
     I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Lili of the Valley--spring
ABC Challenge--roses (there's the one I made and the DP paper has blue roses on it)
Tuesday Throwdown--florals
House of Gilli--ribbon and pearls
Sugar Creek Hollow--stitching

This is my third post for today so if you missed anything please scroll down.
Happy Thursday!


Supplies


Papers:  GCD Studios Ella Blue, DCWV Luxury, DCWV cardstock, Recollections, Georgia Pacific, Copic Express-it Blending card
Stamp:  Lili of the Valley "Best Friends"
Ink+:  Frayed Burlap Distress ink, Waterfall Stickles
Copics: 
             skin E000, E00, E11, R20
             hair E50, E53, E57
             clothing B91, B93, B95, B97, E41, E43, W1, W3
             wall E71, E74, E79
             flowers Y32
Tools:  Nestabilities Classi Scalloped Circles Large (S4-124) and Standard Circles Large (S4-114), Martha Stewart Vintage Floral edge punch and Frond punch, EK Success Scalloped Scallop edge punch and Retro Flower punches, sewing machine
Miscellaneous:  Martha Stewart ribbon, Jolee's and Recollection pearls

21 comments:

AN said...

Ihana kortti -kauniit värit!! Tykkään kovasti!
Kiitoa oasllistumisestasi ABC-haasteeseen tällä viikolla ja oikein paljon onnea arvontaan
Aurinkoa päivääsi-ystäväni--

may-chu said...

I don't know why you're not happy with the hair, I think it's colored amazingly, as the whole image is. lovely card, I love it.
May xx

Nancy said...

My dear sweet friend! Thank you so much for your comment on my blog!! This card is AMAZING! I also love brown and blue together! Your hair is perfect! Why does your comment about the flowers sound familiar? lol I love it Tracy! Thanks so much for your continued inspiration to me! :o)

Unknown said...

Man you have been one busy lady. 3 post in one day.. WOW! But everything looks so beautiful.. I just love this tag card... It is amazing. It inspired me so much. I really want to give it a try..

Hugs, Linda

Kristina said...

All I can say is...GORGEOUS!

Dana said...

Oh my g/f!!! I popped over to comment on your DDSB card and BAM!! All I can say is WOW!!! Tracy, this is totally amazing!! You should be sooo proud! I love the blue, brown and cream too! I don't know what you don't like about her hair.. I think it's great! So glad you like your new Xpress It! I still need to give it a go ; )
Hugs~
Dana
and almost forgot.. the flowers, pearls, ribbon.... ok you get the drift!! I adore everything!!

~* steph :) *~ said...

oh i love your card, tracy. it is really beautiful. love the colors, your coloring, the pretty flowers and pearls. thanks for sharing and i hope all is well. big *hugs* dearie, steph :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, I love the colour combo and the design is stunning ! Thanks for joining us at The ABC challenge. Sue C x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is perfect and wonderful Tracy, your coloring skill is great as always! love the unique design too, thanks for sharing!

Annika said...

Ahhhh...this looks so CUTE and COOL. Also very complicated! I know you're saying these are fun to make but (narrows her eyes) I'm not sure if I should take your word for that!
lol
Hugs
Annika

Sherry Kushibab said...

A lovely, lovely card. Just ordered this from LOV and can't wait to receive it and color it...thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear that you've finally been creating something just for the fun of it!! And it shows, Tracy!! Wonderfully shaped card, gorgeous flowers and pearls and the image, of course!!

Geri said...

Oh, this is so sweet and delicate!! I love the all the variations of just the two colors!! Your coloring, with it's beautiful blending, is perfect with your papers and embellishments!! Just love it!! The chef on the previous post is too cute! And your coloring on it is outstanding!! You make me want more Copics, but I CAN'T DO IT! NOT FAIR!! (insert fit with stomping feet) And I'm going to have to remember that little bookmark--I think my critters would like that!! Thanks for sharing, girlfriend! And thanks, as always, for your visits!! I know how busy you are, and I always appreciate you spending a little time with me!! Have a great weekend!!

Regan said...

What a beautiful card Tracy! I love the softness of the colors and that image is just adorable! Wonderful work!

Jóna said...

Amazing project in every way !!!!
Hugs, Jóna

Ann said...

Your project is gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for entering the House of Gilli Challenge. :)

Suzanne C said...

Super sweet image and lovely coloring. Love the colors on your card.

CraftySil said...

ADORABLE! Your card is so, so pretty Tracy...I love it. I love your coloring, you did an awesome job with it.

Geri said...

Hey, Tracy! I'm back to thank you for taking a peek at my Shabby Tea Room card! So glad you liked it. And, yes, you had better get those stamps out!! I have seen them and was so close to getting them, but my friend, Susan, got the Papertrey set for my birthday for me. That set you have is so pretty and was a great deal!! I wanna see what you can do with it, girl!! Take care!!

CraftyC said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Tracy and I just love the rich colours. Thanks for taking part in this weeks LOTV Challenge!
Clairexx

Dena said...

Tracy! This is so cute! Love the style and shape of it and the wonderful rich colors you used!
Thanks for joining the LOTV challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena