Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Papercraft Star Challenge #37

     Our Papercraft Star challenge this week is a photo inspiration and the theme of St. Patrick's Day.
     For my card I've used some Kraft cardstock as the base of my card and as the base of the front panel.  A 5" square of Bazzill was punched with a Martha Stewart set for the decorative edge to mimic the icing on the cake.  I've added square of the same green Bazzill and stitched around them for accent.  A layered Nestabilities label peeks out from underneath the vintage image and I used some punched flowers and flourishes to add some interest.
     Our March Grand Prize Sponsor is Michelle's Scrapbooking & More.


     Get your St. Patty's/green projects linked up by Sunday at 9:00 pm EST.
     Blessings!


Supplies

Papers:  Bazzill, Recollections, Georgia Pacific
Image:  from the internet
Ink:  Tea Dye and Frayed Burlap Distress inks, Copic G29
Tools:  Martha Stewart Hydrangea and Modern Garland punch around the page set: Sizzix Sizzlets Decorative Flourishes; Nestabilities Labels Four (S4-190); sewing machine
Miscellaneous:  Michaels Studio 18 rhinestones, The Paper Studio gemstones 

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful creation and for the inspiration. Very elegant card

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, Tracy, this took my breath away! It has such a rich, elegant look. Hugs.

Nancy said...

*gasp* This one's incredible Tracy! I absolutely LOVE it! That's all I can say! Thank you! :o)

FerrellGraph-x said...

I love that vintage image! Where did you find it?
Kind regards,
Jennifer Ferrell

Annika said...

This could easily be a wall hanging! Uttely gorgeous - wonderful design and detailing!
Hugs
Annika

Unknown said...

Love, Love, Love this.. What a cute card. I have to agree that design is just wonderful.. Hope you are having a wonderfful day...

Hugs, Linda

Kristina said...

I love that border Tracy, very pretty! The frame and flourish and flowers are just beautiful, great job!

Unknown said...

I love the border and those flowers with flourish too!! Great work.

Regan said...

Tracy, this card is Fabulous! The colors are wonderful and that image is perfect! Excellent work.
Regan

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love that vintage image you used! So perfect! I love all of the wonderful details you added!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is awesome Tracy, I have been wanting to do a St. Patrick's Day card but never find the chance, this is such a lovely vintage image, thanks for sharing!

Dana said...

What's another word for WOW?? Amazing, gorgeous, fantastic... this is all of those and more! I love it!!! If I wasn't such a nut for coloring I would only use vintage images. I adore them!!! Great job g/f!!
Hugs~
Dana

C Stephens said...

Tracy, I am digging this card. It is both intricate, delicate and warm at the same time. The image is great and I love what you are doing with Kraft cardstock.

♥Jan♥ said...

Another Tracy classic !! The icing, punching, is just perfect on here. Ah, the joys of the MS punch !!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oooh, I absolutely love this, Tracy!! How fabulous! Gorgeous edging. Fabulous vintage image. Totally rocked the kraft, too. :)

Unknown said...

Awesome card Tracy!! Love the olive coloured background and the edges are superb!!

Angi Barrs said...

Beatiful shabby chic design. Love the flourishes and the gorgeous paper. :)

Kim Duran said...

Ooh, Tracy! I just love the vintage image you've used! And your lace border punch makes this card so elegant. Just lovely!

Jóna said...

This card is adorable and just perfect in every way !!!!
Hugs, Jóna