Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Papercraft Star Challenge #48

     It's a photo inspiration challenge this week at Papercraft Star with a theme of wedding or anniversary.  White and soft yellow--very pretty combination.  For my card I started with a yellow base and added a mat of white that I embossed with swiss dots.  I did some machine stitching in yellow around the edge of the mat piece.  The flower was a white Prima that I painted with Creative Inspirations paint.  It has such a beautiful shimmer to it.  I inked the edges of the doily heart with some yellow chalk and added a yellow ribbon around the bottom of the card.
     For the month of June we are working with some stamps from our wonderful team mate Cecilia, who has recently started her own stamp company, Tradefish Designs.


     I'm using one of the sentiment stamps from the Missing You stamp set.  It stamped like a dream, clear and crisp!  I've popped in on top of a Nestabilites tag die cut and added some white brads.
       I went for the anniversary theme since I have anniversary on the brain.  LOL  Hubby and I celebrated 25 years in December and we are about to embark on a two week vacation for just the "You + Me = We" two of us.  Can't wait!
     Our link up will be open through 9:00 p.m. EST on Sunday for this challenge so let's see what you can come up with.
     Happy crafting!



Supplies

Papers:  Bazill, Georgia Pacific
Stamp:  Tradefish Designs "Missing You"
Ink+:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Creative Inspirations paint in Citrus, Diamon Stickles, Inkadinkado Blending Chalks
Tools:  Nestabilities Double Ended Tags (S3-149), sewing machine, Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots embossing folder
Miscellaneous:  Prima flower,  Recollections brads, Offray ribbon, Studio G Pearl, paper heart doily

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Perfect wedding card Tracy, love that heart doily, it looks so delicate! Hugs, Ira

Iulia said...

Great wedding card, Tracy! Love the doily and everything looks neat and elegant!
Hugs, Iulia

Nancy said...

So beautifully elegant! Huge congratulations to you and your husband! We had our 25th last year! It comes so fast, doesn't it? I know I don't have to tell you to enjoy your holiday...or did I already? lol :o)

Regan said...

Very nice Tracy! Great minds think alike once again! :) Love the stitching on the card and of course the embossing! Great job!

Kim Duran said...

Lovely card, Tracy! I love the embossing and the sweet heart shaped doily. 25 years! Wow! You should be so proud of your years together.

C Stephens said...

Just a lovely card Tracy. The doily and colors are wonderful...thanks for the plug on teh stamp quality too! great job.