Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I got a Promotion!

     Hi all!  Just a few tidbits of news to share with you.
     First of all, if you're a follower of Papercraft Star you may have already read that there has been a change in management.  Both founders, Beth Moore and Kristina Harmon, have stepped down from the management of the blog and now my bestest bloggie buddy, Jan, the former DT Coordinator and Senior Designer will be running the show.  She has asked me to take this former position of hers and although I'm a nervous wreck about it, I love her and I'm going to try to do my best for her.  So... I'm officially the Design Team Coordinator for Papercraft Star!
     You'll see a few changes in the challenges at PS so be on the look out for updates.  Starting this week we will be doing away with the voting system to choose our winners and the DT members will be choosing the Top Picks.  You'll also have through 9:00 a.m. EST on MONDAY to get your projects linked up now.  AND . . . . we will be on the hunt for a couple of new design team members at the end of this month.  So keep that in mind if you're interested.  We'll be announcing the call soon.
     To go along with this announcement I'd like to ask for a little advice help.  If any of you have held a DT Coordinator position I'd love to hear any advice you have to share on anything that can help me be a good team leader.  In fact if you have ANY advice at all about anything that really makes a challenge blog run smoothly and efficiently I know both Jan and I would love to hear it.  If you look for something in particular when you play challenges I'd even like to know about that.  If you don't want to post a response to my questions here on my blog, please feel free to e-mail me privately at the address on the right sidebar.  I'd really like to be a help to Jan so any help I can get will be all to the better.
     Next order of business is a big thank you to the lovely Kirsty Vittetoe of City Crafter and Pixie Dust Paperie fame.  That sweetie sent me a little birthday prezzie and the prettiest card.  Take a look!

     Thanks Kirsty!  You're a sweetheart!

     Hope you're having a fantastic week.  Here's a big SHOUT OUT to all my bloggie buddies new and old who leave me such sweet and encouraging comments.  You guys are the best!

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh Tracy...YAY for you, my friend!! I'm so excited for you!! I don't have any advice for you other than for you to just keep being YOU!! You're fantastic and God has gifted you with all you need to do the job right! I can't wait to see what's ahead! MMMWAH!! :o)

Dana said...

Congratulations!!! You will be amazing, it's just in your nature. Because you are so kind and attentive you will have no problems. Cannot wait to see the what wonderful things the two of you do with challenge. I really like the changes you've already made!!
Big hugs xx
Dana

heidy said...

Hi Tracy,congrats,and I think you do well!
Hugs heidy

♥Jan♥ said...

You shall be the Queen Bee of blogs, I predict it. You are just the energy we all need at PCS, and all the talent in the world too !!

FerrellGraph-x said...

Congratulations! I been following you for some time now. Love what you do.
Kindest regards,
Jennifer Ferrell

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, how exciting for you, Tracy!! Congratulations on your new leadership role. I know you're going to do fantastically!

Sarah said...

Congratulations, Tracy! Just keep on being yourself and you'll be successful; you're a winner! Hugs, Sarah