Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Papercraft Star Challenge #59

     It's back to school time for all the kiddies and it's a "Back to School" challenge at Papercraft Star too.  For my card I've used an image from one of the Card Maker Series from The House Across the Bay


          Do you remember those old manuscript tablets that we learned to write our letters on?  I'm not sure if they even use those any more, but it made a cute background for my little apple eater.  I added a strip of cardstock to the edge of the manuscript image so it would look more like it was torn from a notebook.  There's a Grungy tag with an A+ for the teacher and some fun Scrabble tiles that I made by layering three pieces of chipboard and using some cute Scrabble tile images that you can find at Lisa Gregory's blog, What a Beautiful Mess.  I cut them out and covered them with a little Triple Thick.  Mr. Worm and the ribbon tag were both colored with Copics.
     The bottom of the card was a happy accident.  I printed the background image for a different sized card so I was about to cut off the excess when I got the idea to make it look like a ruler.  I thought it was a fun little extra touch.
     The first week of school always means you make new friends and that's what we're doing at Papercraft Star.  This week we're introducing you to two new friends, our brand new design team members, Anitra Tovar and Jennifer Ferrell.  These two ladies have some mucho crafty talent to share with you.  :-)  You'll get to see that next week when their DT work will debut with the next challenge.  I've linked their blogs with their names so you can go check out their work and see why we're so glad to have them join our little family.
     Sooo........get your projects linked up by 6:00 a.m. EST on Monday for your shot at first and second place prizes from our sponsor THATB.  Rilly has added some terrific new digis to the store.  YAY!
     Don't forget we have a little side challenge going to for anyone who uses one of the Tuesday freebies on a project.  Check out Jan's Tuesday winner post at the Papercraft Star blog for the details.
     I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Going Grey with Scrap Creations--back to school
Partytime Tuesdays--back to school
Crazy Challenge--back to school
Creative Stamp Friends--school
Creative Inspirations--back to school
Fairy Tale--back to school

     Be blessed!


Supplies


Papers:  Recollections, Bazzill, Georgia Pacific, Copic X-Press It blending card, Kodak Photo paper, Kraft Outlet Chipboard
Digital image:  The House Across the  Bay Card Makers Series "Text Writing Backgrounds (141)"
Stamp:  Meljens Designs "Little Apple Worm" and "I Love My Teacher"
Ink:  Marvy Uchida white gel pen, Vintage Photo Distress ink
Copics:  E21, E25, E27, E29. E47, R20, R22, R24, R27, R29, Y08, YG93, YG97, YG99
Tools:  My Favorite Things Die-Namics Notebook Edge die, Nestabilities Ribbon Tag Trio Two (S4-234)
Miscellaneous:  Celebrate It ribbon, Kraft Outlet Grungy Prim Tag, Triple Thick

15 comments:

heidy said...

Wow Tracy,what a great card!
Love that apple!
Hugs Heidy

Unknown said...

Wonderful Back-To-School card Tracy, it's got all the elements it needs to it!!

♥Jan♥ said...

Every element in this card is completely perfect, Tracy. Any teacher would treasure this for many years to come !!

Kim Duran said...

Tracy, this card is now my new favorite of yours. But that list is getting really long now! I love the alpha card series. I've been telling everyone on the team that since I was the only one who didn't use it, I really wish I had!

Anonymous said...

Hello a very beautiful card and a great design.

Thanks for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge.
**Karla

Cheryl said...

Fabulous card! I love the papers you used. Your coloring is wonderful

Jackie Randolph said...

Such a fabulous Back to School card, your papers and image make a super card. Thanks for joining us at Scrap-Creations

FerrellGraph-x said...

You have put so many wonderful details in this card! Love the measurement marks at the bottom, it feels like a blackboard at the same time. And the way you layered the alphabet as "torn" out page! Cutest little worm!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

Stempelkobold said...

What a lovly card! I love all the littele details and the bright colors as well as the funny image! Thank you for playing along with us this week at the crazy challenge - good luck, Dominique

Nela said...

Stunning card!
Thanks for playing along with us at Fairytale Challenge
xx Nela

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This card is fantastic! It has such wonderful composition. Love how you incorporated all of the school things.

Bianca said...

Your card is so verly lovely! Every teacher will love the get it! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challengeblog! xx Bianca

dawnmercedes said...

I can not believe that you used Scrabble tiles on your card!! My family loves Scrabble! Is that a tribute? haha. Must be. Great card. Thanks for partying with us at PTT!!

Kristen said...

Fabulous card. Thanks so much for playing in this weeks Going Grey with Scrap-Creations Back to school challenge!

PokSa said...

What a beautiful card. I love it.
Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.
xx Sandra