Friday, January 13, 2012

Book Buddies

(If you think I've forgotten you because I haven't been to your blog lately, that's not the case.  There seems to be another issue with Blogger and although I tried I was unable to leave a comment at many of the blogs I tried to visit.  I've visited, just left no tracks.  :-) 
(edit:  one of my wonderful followers suggested that i switch to Chrome[yes I'm way behind the times] and it totally solved the commenting problem.  YAY!)

     Well, I've been at it with the Prismas again.  LOL  I can see it's going to take me a while to get the hang of shading with them.  :-)  Dorcas!!!  I need your know how.  LOL  I used Bristol paper on this card instead of the kraft I've used before. 
     The adorable image is from the new ADFD release this week and it's called "Book Buddies" and can be found in the ADFD store
     I broke out a brand new October Afternoon 5 and Dime paper pad I'd bought a little while ago and used an old CLP sketch.  I've been trying to really dig into my mountain of stash and use it up.  Just staring at it and saying "Oh how pretty!"  just doesn't cut the mustard anymore.  I'm running out of room and when I think of all the money I spent...ugh--butterflies in the stomach.  So it's going to get used up one way or another.  I've had a jar of mixed Prima flowers sitting on my shelf since I first started scrapping and hardly ever use anything from it so I pulled it out and grabbed a mix of colors to put on this card.
     The ADFD challenge runs for another week and the theme is pastels.  Come join in the fun!
     I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Phindy's Place--Tic Tac Toe (die cut, flowers, sewing)
Polkadoodles--vintage/retro
Moving Along with the Times--spots and stripes
My Mum's Craft Shop--here come the girls
Simon Says Stamp--spots and stripes
Top Tip Tuesday--anything goes
Make It Monday--anything goes


     Have a fabulous weekend!

Supplies 
  • Papers:  October Afternoon 5 and Dime, Kraft Outlet Brown Kraft, Strathmore Bristol, Recollections
  • Stamp:  A Day For Daisies "Book Buddies", Raindrop Echo Designs "Shirley's Sentiments"
  • Ink:  Prismacolor pencils and OMS, Vintage Photo Distress ink
  • Tools:  EK Success Diamond Lace edge punch, Martha Stewart Eyelet lace punches, Nestabilities Labels Ten (S5-022), sewing machine
  • Miscellaneous: Michaels dollar bin and Recollections pearls, prima flowers

37 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi Tracy

I have been having the same trouble wit hblogger for some days now - really frustrating.
Your card is totally stunning and so much hard work has gone into it - the stitching and layers and such a gorgeous image.

Hugs Ali x

Jenny said...

What lovely colours and the tabs and border look fabulous. Love it!

Jennifer Scull said...

this is just gorgeous as always, Tracy. I love the pretty tabs you added in addition to the beautiful embellies you do so well.

I have so enjoyed being on the ADFD DT with you these past few months. thank you for your inspiration! I wish the very best for you!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is stunning, Tracy! I just adore this design and all your detail. Everywhere you look there is something gorgeous to catch your eye. And wow on your coloring. I think your Prisma coloring is just uh-mazing.

Dorcas said...

THis is so lovely Tracy!! I love your lacy anchors at the top and your coloring is gorgeous!

As for prisma coloring on white paper, well to be honest it puts me in a cold sweat was well. lol I can use a much heavier hand with the kraft cos of the tooth that holds the pigment. When I color on my white paper I have to go so easy so it doesn't "burnish" the paper before I'm done adding layers. Ive yet to find the perfect white paper....

Unknown said...

Yep! You've done it again! Create another fabulous card with such a pretty image, love your stitching; you are not only a prolific but totally talented card maker Tracy! Hugs, Ira x

Unknown said...

This is soooo soft and lovely, Tracy! That "old" sketch was the perfect choice... gosh, can't take my eyes off this beauty! wendy xx

Tkat said...

WOW!!!!!!!! absolutely GORGEOUS card!!!

KimCreate said...

Hi, Lovely card. I use copic paper when using Primas, any copic quality paper works good.
Also, did you know that if you use Google Chrome when reading blogs, you'll have an easier time commmenting? It works for me.
Thanks, Kim

Tracey T said...

What a beautiful card! I love the papers and the image is gorgeous. x
PS apparently there is an issue with Blogger at the moment and they are working to fix it. I've been unable to leave comments for Sweet Stampin' on a number of blogs. So don't worry, it's not you! xx

Ros said...

One word ... Stunning!!! ( and thanks so much for the birthday wishes) xo

Anne said...

I couldn't help but notice that we are side by side in a few challenges.. your card is wonderfully put together.. I love the vintagesque color scheme and look and the flowers really add that special touch.. thanks for sharing on MIM ...

Flutterby Trina said...

Beautiful, I love the colour scheme you have chosen, i also love the 'straps' that come over the top! Thanks so much for playing with us at top tip tuesday with our anything goes challenge! Good luck nd I hope to see you again soon xx

Jennifer said...

I love how all the layers and textures seem to fit so seemlessly together! Your colouring is fab and I love the lacy details you've added!

Linda Breedlove said...

Sorry you're having problems with Blogger again... very frustrating, I'm sure.
Your card is beautiful.. so much work but worth it when the end result is so gorgeous!
Have a great weekend, Tracy!

Renkata said...

Such a precious card!

Debbie said...

Wow, this is just stunning, your coloring with the prisma's is spot on!!! love the way you added the pearls to the punch on the side it really gave it a little something extra.

Hugs
Debbie

Suzie McFloozy said...

O my I love this card. The image is gorgeous and the layout fabulous.
I think you've coloured it beautifully too - I am also still getting to grips with my prismas ( o I love them) and the hardest thing for me is shading around my image which you have done a great job with - well done x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Rene said...

This is GORGEOUS! I am crazy about your layout...and your image is so precious! Absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much for linking up at MIM! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM; the more comments left, the greater your chance of winning!
Good luck!
Rene :D

Payne Holler Cards said...

totally stunning! love your coloring, layout, embellishments! STUNNING (-:

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Such a sweet card, Tracy! Love how you did the 2 'tabs' at the top. Nicely done!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Lynne Armstrong said...

Just STUNNING Tracy...could you come live with me...pretty please lol...then you could teach me how to create such AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL cards!! I love everything about this :)
Hugs xx
PS Chrome is FABULOUS...nothing worse than technical probs!

Michelle said...

Hi Tracy

WOW!! This has to be the most beautiful card I have seen in a very long time!! The more I look the more amazing detail I see. Your colouring is just perfect.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Unknown said...

This is so cute. another wonderful image. I love it. Its all put together so perfectly.

Hugs, Linda

dragonllew said...

Gorgeous card I love all the layers thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week.
Jenny x

Marjorie said...

This is stunning hun, just saw it on Michelle's blog, so popped over..your card is just so beautiful:)
I also had terrible problems with leaving comments, my son suggested google chrome..No more problems!! Hope you have a better week hun!!
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Nelly said...

Beautiful card and colour choice ...Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles... Nelly x

Sue B said...

This is gorgeous Tracy! I love the image and your colouring is beautiful !! Delish papers and embellishments - love all the little pearls. The card has a lovely warm and cosy feel to it !!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and Good Luck in the Challenge!!
Hugs Sue xx

Geri said...

So pretty! What in the heck is Chrome?!? Maybe you should explain that in a future post for the rest of us "behind the timer's"

Maire Gamber said...

Love your card Tracy! Love the vintage look!
Hugs
Marie

Deneen said...

Very pretty, I love the Martha Stewart border and the pearls. Thanks for joining the Anything Goes Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

Jill said...

absolutely stunning thanks for joining us at MMCS hugs Jill xx

Anne said...

What a gorgeous card Tracy, love the flowers you added and good luck with the stash reduction:). Thank you for joining us for this week’s Phindy’s Place Challenge, do hope you’ll play again this Friday!
Hugs
Anne

Nancy said...

So beautiful! That wonderful image reminds me of my girls when they were little...they loved to read together! :o)

Pami said...

This is a beautiful card, I love the layout and colours, everything. Thanks so much for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, hope to see you again soon. Pami x

norine said...

What a beautiful vintage card!! Thanks for playing with us at Polka Doodles!!

Grenouille Greetings said...

This is the card that inspired me to come by in the first place. I just saw it on Day for Daisies and I love it. Fab colour choices, gorgeous design and sublime colourwork. Beautiful! Hugs, Lesley