Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Year Froggie

Finally my hubby gets a birthday!  LOL  He's the only person I know who was born on a leap year and the lucky guy can claim he isn't getting older cause he doesn't have a birthday every year.  LOL  I'm definitely robbing the cradle here girls.  :-)
     Guess you can tell what our challenge is this week at Papercraft Star.  :-)  We want to see a frog on your project.  You know they say necessity is the mother of invention.  It was necessary for me to search the wide webbie for this project cause I don't have one froggie item!  I searched for frog coloring pages which brought up tons of images, but out of all of them, this little guy was the cutest by far.  Those of you with little ones might recognize him since he's a Littlest Pet Shop critter.  I've colored him with Copics and you can barely get a hint of the Glossy Accents I put on his big eyes.  It's so cute in real life.
     We'd love to have you join the challenge with your own froggie creations so hippity hop over to the PCS blog and join in.  This week is Sylvia's turn to showcase some digi goodness from our Sponsor, The House Across the Bay so make sure you check out her project.  It's fantastic!
     Tomorrow I have two BIG announcements.  One is my candy winner, so you have a few more hours to add your name to the linky for a chance at those Saturated Canary digi stamps.  The other is a surprise that I'm about to bust to share with you!  Hope you'll come back to find out what it is.  :-)
     I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Fab 'n' Funky--leap
Gingersnap Creations Once in a Blue Moon Challenge--leap
Digital Tuesday--things that leap

     Happy Wednesday!


Supplies

  • Paper:  Crate Paper, Kraft Outlet Light Kraft, Bazill, Copic XPress It Blending card
  • Digital image:  CartoonJr.com "Littlest Pet Shop Frog"
  • Ink:  Copics, Micron pen
  • Tools:  EK Success corner rounder, Nestabilites Lacey Circles and Standard Circles Large
  • Miscellaneous:  Offray ribbon, Recollections pearls, Glossy Accents

20 comments:

Ros said...

Happy Birthday t your Hubby!! This is the most adorable frog ever! gorgeous card

Audrey Pettit said...

Well, happy birthday to your child-husband! ;) And I cannot wait to hear your exciting news! Your card just made me smile. Such a cute frog you found. Love the doodled framework around him and love that coloring. The glossy accents on the eyes is a great touch. :)

Trina said...

This is too cute! Shame on you robbing the cradle! ;)

Jinny Newlin said...

I only know one person with a Leap Year birthday, too, but it's been a long time since I've seen him. He was a childhood friend. So, a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your hubby!

Your little frog is adorable, and I love that wavy frame! Plus, the Glossy Accents on his eyes is the perfect touch!

Geri said...

Absolutely ADORABLE!!! Can't wait to hear the news!!!!

heidy said...

Oh he's so cute Tracy,congrats with your hubby!
And can't wait to hear your news!
Hugs Heidy

Dorcas said...

"Child husband" I love iT!! What would he be then ? (??divided by 4)LOL
Oh I MUST come back and hear your news tomorrow! :)

Nancy said...

Oh, he is just the cutest little fella! One of my daughters has always been crazy for frogs...in a good way! lol Love this fun card! Happy Birthday to your husband! I went to school with a girl born on the 29th...we were SO SAD for her THEN! I wouldn't be sad for her anymore! haha ANOTHER surprise? What is it? What is it? I won't be able to eat or sleep until I find out! Well...maybe I can eat...and maybe have a nap or two and sleep tonight...but what is it? lol :o)

Sylvia said...

Happy, Hoppy birthday to your husband Tracy! I am so glad there is someone out there in blog land with a birthday today! So I have to ask him, what did it feel like as a child growing up being born on Leap Year? My birthday is the 28th, but I wasn't born in a Leap Year, but I still always wondered? Sorry, your card is fabulous, I love that frog image, I had to order mine, I did not have one either! Have a fun day!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to your darling ever so young husband dear Tracy! Hope you will both have a wonderful day together and your card is just so cute! Fantastic colouring, love how his eyes shine ;-) Hugs, Ira x

Jayne A said...

Very cute card. Love the froggy.

Hugs
Jayne
x

Unknown said...

What a great card. That sounds like such a fun challenge. Your froggie looks great. That made me smile hearing that your husband is so much younger than you. Hee Hee. Happy Birthday to him!!!

Hugs, Linda

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Such a perfect card for a Leap Year birthday!! Such a cute frog. Looking forward to hearing your news :)

Jennifer said...

This frog is incredible! I love his eyes! Hmmm I wonder what your big news is????

Allisa said...

Happy Birthday to your dh! Love the coloring on your frog!

Anonymous said...

What a cute card! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!

Sleepy Stamper said...

That is an adorable card! You have some mad coloring skills friend! The patterned papers look perfect with that little guy!

Anitra

Anne-Marie said...

What an adorable card, your little froggie is so cute. Happy Birthday to your Hubby!!!

Thank you for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky Challenge this week.

Anne-Marie x x

Pat said...

Gorgeous card, just love that leaping frog. Thanks for sharing at F'n'F this week.

Pat xx

FerrellGraph-x said...

What a cute lil' frog you found! Perfect for a Leap Year Birthday!!! I hope your hubby has the best ever!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer