Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Healing hope

     I'm usually a pretty square girl, at least when it comes to cards.  LOL  I guess if you want to get technical this is still a square, but it's also a bit of a fancy fold.  Marianne Skjelstad is my card design hero.  She continually comes up with the most awesome new card fold ideas.  This is her Magic Card and you can find the tutorial for how to make it right here.  Though I've been admiring this fold for a long time, this is the first time I've ever made a card with it.
     I actually video taped myself putting this together.  It's been FOREVER since I've made a video for YouTube and when I watched what I'd taped I knew there was no way I was going to post all that blabbering.  LOL  I was quite the polly parrot so I decided not to subject anyone to my chitter chatter.  I still may do a tutorial vid for this card, but it will be minus all the excess talking.  :-)
     The image is a beautiful Sara Burrier digi from Crafts and Me that I won a few weeks back.  It's called "Child of Healing".  I rarely ever finish the insides of my cards, but you really have to for this particular fold so here's what the inside looks like.
     It was kind of hard to get it all in the photo without it being to small.  I just printed out the scripture and mounted it die cut and inked on a scalloped oval.  The bird is a Michael's $1 bin chippie that I covered with Snow Cap Paint Dabber and a little glitter and ink.
     This was just a for fun card cause I've been trying so hard to find time to film a video.  Since it was a dud, I'll have to find a few more extra minutes here or there to film again.  :-)
     I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Bearly Mine--anything goes
Ladybug Crafts Ink--something with wings
Oldie But a Goodie--things with wings (beaded stems and glitter are both ancient)
Top Tip Tuesday--dig out the old (beaded stems and glitter, I made the little twirled green stem by hand probably two years ago)
CMC Copic Challenge--anything goes
Sweet Stampin--faeries and angels
Crafts 4 Eternity Recipe Challenge--wonderful wings
Delicious Doodles--try something new (new card fold)
Fairy Tale--things with wings

     Have a fantastic week!


Supplies

  • Paper:  My Mind's Eye, Recollections, Copic XPress-it Blending card
  • Stamp:  Crafts and Me "Child of Healing"
  • Ink:  Copics, Frayed Burlap Distress ink
  • Tools:  Nestabilities Classic and Scalloped Ovals, Martha Stewart Cherish edge punch, Rose Leaf, and Photo Corner punch
  • Miscellaneous:  Recollections pearls, Wild Orchid and Prima flowers, Michael's $1 bin chippies, glitter from my stash, Snow Cap paint Dabber, Dollar Tree decorative stems, handmade curly cue

36 comments:

Ros said...

My jaw just dropped at seeing this beauty ... You never cease to amaze and stun me with your creative talent ... this is superb!

KimCreate said...

Neat folded card!

Jennifer Scull said...

oh Tracy, this is truly beautiful! thank you for sharing it with us. and I think you should post your video anyhow, because I for one would love to hear your chatting. :)

Kelly L said...

Oh my, this is gorgeous, Tracy! Your coloring it spectacular, and I love this fold. I am going to take a look at the link to see if I can make one of these. TFS! :) Hugs, Kelly

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous ,a perfectly coloured image and fab papers.xxx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

WOW Tracy!!! This is just absolutely stuning. I love all of the colour tones and that layout is spectacular. Your colouring as always is just perfect, BUT I'm kinda bummed I didn't get to see the vid! heheh ;)

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Very beautiful Tracy and stunning for a first attempt at a new fold design (which looks gorgeous btw!). Such a pretty image and you've set it off to perfection :)

Cheryl said...

Wow - This is absolutely gorgeous!

Unknown said...

This is indeed a wonderful card model and the image and colouring is truly angelical, soooo pretty!! Hugs, Ira

Serene said...

That is simply beautiful. Love the colors, the inking and of course, the fold. Can't wait to see the video on it.

Lisa Minckler said...

I literally had to get up and walk away after looking at this...I was instantly dumbfounded for words! Had I attempted, my initial response would have sounded like this.."sdfjf fifffjbbbbbb sdjffaaaabbmmm duh,bfiqqpw" It made no sense to me either!!!

Also, whyyyyyyy must you temp me further with another wonderful blog??? :D

To sum it up....DADGUM, Girl!! Bein' you's from tha country I's right ser yoin's can trancellate. ;)
Hugs,
Twang and OHHHHH...thank you for joining our challenge at Top Tip Tuesday!

cotnob said...

This is just gorgeous, such lovely soft colour tones and beautiful image.
Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.
Pauline
x

pinky said...

Wow what a stunning creation! Thanks for joining us at Crafts4Eternity.
Pinky

Jayne A said...

wow stunning card.
Hugs
Jayne
x

Heidi said...

This is gorgeous!
Beautiful image:)
Your colouring is fantastic.
Hugs, Heidi:)

Daniele said...

stunning card Tracy, so elegant
hugs

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

A stunning card and that fold looks amazing. Thanks for the link. Love the soft vintage look you've used. Thanks for sharing at Delicious Doodles' "try something new" challenge

Brook said...

What a beautiful card. Lovely job coloring and I love the distressing that you added. Thanks for joining us at the CMC Copic Challenge.

Renee B. said...

another absolutely stunning card Traacy! Love the muted colors & the image is gorgeous!
Hugs,
Renee

Pamela said...

Beautiful card, love the soft colours. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin'

Pam x

Nancy said...

Gorgeous work! I love it! :o)

Debbie said...

OMG!!! This is just stunning

Hugs
Debbie

michele said...

Fabulous card Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Jinny Newlin said...

This is so soft and elegant and utterly divine! And that fold is beyond delicious!

Audrey Pettit said...

I'm snickering about your Chatty Cathy video, Tracy, but would have loved to have seen it! :) Your card is stunning! The fold is beautiful and so is your design!

Tracey T said...

What an amazing card, Tracy - love the different folds/shape. Will hop over to the link to check out the tutorial. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Fiona said...

wow Tracey...gorgeous card as ever!! LOve the style...perfect once again!!

thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'

Fi
x

Jenny said...

Just beautiful Tracy. The colours and the design - perfect! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week.

Unknown said...

WOW!! What a gorgeous card. The image is breathtaking...

Hugs~

Janneke said...

What a great card ;o)
Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' last week.

Janneke XO

angelwhispers said...

I love this image and your beautiful colouring really makes her pop! Love it Chanelle xx

Lisa Jane said...

whata beautiful card - love the image and the punched borders
Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a Goodie and LCI this fortnight
Lisa x

Deneen said...

Great card, love the fun-fold, beautiful image. Thanks for joining the Dig Out The Old Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

Catherine said...

This is gorgeous, love the design. Thanks for joining us at LCI this fortnight.....

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Tracy, what a pretty card you have made here. Thank you for taking part in the challenge and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team Member) xxx

Jess's Crafty Things said...

such a pretty card and love that image too thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine challenges and good luck hugs Jess