Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Here comes the sun

     Here's another late in the day Whimsy and Stars post and another pretty CAS card.  :-)  I've been trying to kick back and relax a little lately.  It seemed that 90% of my time was spent making cards so I decided I needed to slow down and smell the roses so to speak.
     My daughter and her boyfriend absolutely adored the Avengers, but when I said I wanted to see it, they informed me that I had to watch both Iron Mans, Captain America, and Thor so I would be up to speed.  Well I've squeezed them all in and hope to see the Avengers sometime this weekend.
     I also have a bit of a thing for Masterpiece Mystery and the new season of Sherlock Holmes just started so I've spent a few hours watching that too.  Just needed to spend some time with my family and spend some time just vegging. :-)
     So, the card is made with Mabelle's newest release, "Amelie to the Beach".  Isn't she cute!  After I colored her I had to laugh cause she looks like Gilligan.  Don't cha think!  LOL
     The background is pieced together using a pattern you can find here at Mel Stampz.  She really offers some awesome freebies.  I added a few little punched shells that were painted with Pearl Perfect pearls and a little Glimmer Mist.
     You can find Amelie right here in the Whimsy and Stars Studio store.
     I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Try It On Tuesday--on the beach
Creative Mondays--stitching
There She Goes-vacation time
Basic Grey--anything goes
Annabelle Stamps--stitching

     Hope you're having a great week!


Supplies


Paper:  Basic Grey "Piccadilly", Bazzill, Recollections, Copic XPress-it Blending card
Stamp:  Whimsy and Stars Studio "Amelie to the beach"
Ink:  Copics
Tools:  sewing machine, unknown shell punch, Memory Box Classic Scallop die, Nestabilities Labels Four
Miscellaneous:  The paper Studio button, kraft Outlet Jewel Hemp Cord, Pearl Perfect Pearls, Vanilla Breeze Glimmer Mist, jute

33 comments:

Cheryl said...

Tracy, I don't even have the words to tell you how much I love this card! I love the starburst background! Fabby work my friend! I am sooo going to have to CASE this! :)

Danni said...

This is just fabulous!! Love it!!

Linda Breedlove said...

LOVE that stitching, Tracy... one fabulous card!!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, Tracy! This is absolutely darling! LOVE your choice of patterned papers and your button sun! And what a darling image! And all that's to say nothing of that AMAZING stitching! WOW!

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is awesome, LOVE the background and those shells are gorgeous. :)

Catherine said...

This is gorgeous and I just love how you have done the background.....

Sara H said...

Oh wow! I absolutely love the stitching on this!!! Really unique! The whole card is gorgeous =)

Mette said...

This is so nice and love the colours. Fabulous background with stitching :)

Hugs, Mette

Ros said...

This is such a lovely image ... love the sunshine too!

Audrey Pettit said...

I'm glad you're taking a little more time to relax, Tracy! Enjoy all the wonderful little things in life. I've been cutting back quite a bit, too, and have been appreciating the extra time. I LOVE this card! That pieced background is absolutely amazing! Love the big button sun and love that adorable image. And as always, fabulous coloring on Gilligan. ;)

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Awesome idea for the background Tracy! It looks amazing and goes so well with the image! Wonderful colouring as always and I really love those papers :)

Unknown said...

What a totally brilliant way to emphasize your rays of sun Tracy, couldn't have made a finer sun, it's really super cool as is the beautiful image! Hugs, Ira

Arabella said...

Tracy this card is sooo gorgeous! I LOVE it! I love the stitching you have done and it really doesn't look like a 'quick' card at all! I hope you enjoy The Avengers! I thought it was great!

Arabella

Geri said...

This layout and the papers you chose are just gorgeous for your image and sentiments!! I LOVE it!! We saw The Avengers on Mother's Day. You know...a nice chic flick treat for Mom on her big day...HA! But you know how it is with us Moms...as long as the critters are happy...Mama's happy! It was really a great day! Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing!!

Sarah said...

Another "makes me smile" card! The starburst background is awesome! Love your amazing stitching! Hugs

heidy said...

Wow Tracy this is gorgeous,love how you used the BG papers!
Hugs Heidy

Nancy said...

Yay for chillaxing, my friend! :o)
That image is so adorable and the sunburst is the perfect backdrop for her! Love the shimmery shells too!
I love super hero movies! ;o)

Carla S. said...

This is adorable, Tracy! Love the background - perfect for the image! Fab coloring and stitching!

KimCreate said...

Very cute, wow, that background is awesome. Glad you are relaxing a bit!

Daniele said...

that was a bit of a marathon of film watching, love Sherlock Holmes both the films and the series. Loving the background that you created
hugs

Tammy said...

Love this card, especially those shells. Inspiring as always. xx

Jennifer said...

Your rays of sunshine are just stunning! I love this sweet beach girl to!

Dawn said...

Such a great design! Love the stitching! Thank you for joining in at Creative Mondays!

angelwhispers said...

Sounds like you are enjoying chilling Tracy it will do you good to take a step back you enjoy it!!

My word though I think your card is just fabulous and I love the background! Chanelle xx

Unknown said...

So are you on a card intervention! Hee Hee... That is so funny I heard a mother and daughter in a store talking about those movies. The daughter was tell her mom the same thing. That she needed to watch all the movies.. I haven't seen any of them either.. I would love to see Dark Shadows..

Your card really is so cute. I love those happy colors..

Hugs~

Renee B. said...

Amelie is much cuter than Gilligan! (especially the way you have depicted her here!) Love the sunburst...thank for the link!
Enjoy your family time...nothing is more important!!!
Hugs,
Renee

Anonymous said...

Good luck with trying to 'slow down', I find my little addiction with cardmaking and blogging is irresistable...
Your stitching is perfect on this gorgeous card, love everything about it! Thanks for taking the time to share with us at AnnaBelle Stamps this week!
ps I've just watched Thor and hope to see the Avengers very soon too.

Heather said...

A beautiful card, your design is wonderful and I love your creations of the sun, you have fabulous details and the stunning image.

Thanks so much for joining the Basic Grey challenges
hegs
Heather xx

Dawn B. said...

Happy to hear you are relaxing a bit. It is important for you to do those things just for you. I am taking my son and his friend to see The Avengers tomorrow. I am so excited. More than they are. haha. Great card. All that stitching holy cow.

Stacy Morgan said...

Okay you have to do quiliting or something as I can never do the patchwork.... this is awesome, very creative and cute.

Skye said...

Congratulations on your win. A very cute cards, love the sun and stitching

Lou said...

Hi! what a gorgeous card,the colours and papers are lovely too.She is a sweetie and love the big button.
thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenge,
hugs Lou and the BG design team.xxx

Angela Weimer said...

A very sweet card. Love the stitching. Reminds me of a quilt. Thanks for sharing with us at TIOT and have a great day. Angela