Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A pansy for Mother

     This is a rather bittersweet post for me today.  This card marks the end of my time as a member of the Papercraft Star Design Team.  This was my very first DT and I've been with it from it's very first challenge in June of 2010.  I've worked with some amazing fellow crafters on the team, and enjoyed being, hopefully, a little inspiration to our players and an encourager too.  I'll miss my PCS girls, but I've come to realize that I've come to the end of this particular journey.  I hope that you'll continue to stay connected with PCS and join in the challenges.  It's a great place to play.  :-)  Best wishes to Jan and the girls for the future of Papercraft Star Challenge blog!
     This week's Papercraft Star challenge is "Mother's Day".  My card was created with some great MME papers and a pretty pansy image from Fred, She Said colored with Copics.  I was trying to loosen up a little and be a little more imaginative with my punches and dies cuts.  This seems to come so easy to the other DT girls.  :-)  Lots of layers and a "Jinny" bow.  :-)
     Hope you'll join in the fun and link up a project for the "Mother's Day" challenge by 6:00 a.m. EST on Monday.
     Happy Wednesday!


Supplies
  • Papers:  My Mind's Eye "Sophie--Graceful", Recollections, Copic XPress-it Blending card
  • Stamp:  Fred She Said "Pansy with Leaves"
  • Ink:  Copics
  • Tools:  Nestabilities Standard Circles and Labels Eighteen, Martha Stewart Layered Arches edge punch, sewing machine
  • Miscellaneous:  Offray ribbon, button from my stash

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Tracy this is beautiful well done Love the colours and that paper is fab .Hugs Elaine

Nancy said...

Oh, Tracy! That's a gorgeous card! I've always LOVED pansies! You've colored this one beautifully! Wonderful design as well, and I love that pretty bow! :o)

CaroleAnn said...

Tracy
This is beautiful and I think you did a great job with the die cuts. I don't do well with them myself - more because I don't have time to play with them so I am not comfortable yet. I love the colors you used!!! Lots of Hugs

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Love what you did with those die cuts Tracey! Hmm I need to figure out how to get my spellbinders to emboss too...I am still learning! :) All of the elements here work wonderfully :)

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Tracy! Wonderful coloring of the pansies! Great design overall!

KimCreate said...

Very pretty card. You'll be missed at Papercraft Star.

Jinny Newlin said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Tracy! LOVE those stacked frames, and your color palette is fantastic!

Sylvia said...

Tracy, your card is beautiful, your coloring the best as always. I know that Jan will miss all that you have done, and although I have only been a teammate for a short time, I have enjoyed knowing you, your enthusiasm and energy, your support and help, and especially the friendship that you embraced with each of us. You will be missed that is for sure, but more so your card not there on the post will be like a blank spot of the page. Good luck and I am sure our paths will cross again. Hugs to you! Sylvia

Audrey Pettit said...

I have so enjoyed all your projects for Papercraft Star, Tracy! You have done such an amazing job on this team. This last DT card is no exception! What a gorgeous and elegant card. Really love the color combo and love the pops of black. The big ribbon and layered die cuts are so, so eye catching.

Ros said...

This is stunning ... you sure are going to be missed

Cheryl said...

Oh this is so pretty! I love the colors you used and your fussy cutting is fabulous. Beautiful work my friend!

Sleepy Stamper said...

Tracy, you have done a stunning job on those dies and layers! The pansy looks so elegant! I will miss seeing your projects over at the Papercraft Star!

Hugs,
Anitra

angelwhispers said...

Just a beautiful Pansy Tracy and just love the papers and design especially love the ribbon and elegant button superb!! Thank you for all your beautiful comments you leave me they so make my day! Chanelle xx

Unknown said...

I am sure they are going to miss you.. You are one talented lady.. I know I just love seeing your creations.

Hugs~

Jennifer said...

This is absolutely wonderful! I love what you've done with your dies and that bow! Beautiful pansy to!
Sorry to hear that your DT position is coming to a close, I pray that the Lord Jesus will lead you where he wants you to be next.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is beautiful Tracy, I just admired your ability to make any color looks beautiful!

Unknown said...

Very elegant card with really gorgeous colours! What a fantastic ribbon, such a gorgeous button, too! You're an amazingly creative girl!! Hugs, Ira

Daniele said...

what a stunning card Tracy, love the colour combo
hugs

Geri said...

I remember learning that you would be on this team and was so excited for you and them!! Just look at all you've learned and how far you've come!! I'm sure you'll be missed! Your card is just gorgeous!