Sunday marked the opening of a brand new challenge at the Catered Crop. Our sponsor this week is Birdie Brown and our theme is "Banners and Bunting".
I chose to use a Birdie Brown image on my card called "Puppy and Chick". Pup and chick are colored with Copics and I did a little paper piecing on the umbrella. I used banners for the first part of the sentiment. For my bunting pieces I used a Sizzix Stars die and cut the largest star from chipboard. I then covered it with DP and used part of the MFT Fishtail Banner die to cut out the small circles. I used some ancient $1 bin alphabet stamps from Michaels for the letters.
We'd love to have you come play along in the challenge. It runs through June 23 so you've still got plenty of time to play.
I don't know about all of you, but summer seems to have brought on tons of things to keep me busy. I'm sorry it's taking me a little longer than usual to get around to some of your blogs to visit. Hope you're enjoying your summer!
I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
The Paper Shelter--anything goes
Simon Says Stamp--photo inspiration
Craft Room Challenge--four legged family
Oldie But a Goodie--banners and bunting (the alphabet stamps have to be at least three years old and the MFT die is over a year)
Craft Your Passion--anything goes
Digi Makeover--seeing spots
Make It Monday--anything goes
There She Goes--circles
Cupcake Inspirations--photo inspiration
- Paper: My Mind's Eye "Quite Contrary--Jack and Jill", Kraft Outlet Brown Kraft and chipboard, Bazzill, Copic XPress-it Blending card
- Stamp: Birdie Brown "Puppy and Chick", Studio G alphabet
- Ink: Copics, Memento Tuxedo Black
- Tools: Sizzix Stars #2 die, MFT Die-namics Fishtail Banners, Cuttlebug
- Miscellaneous: Kraft Oultet Red Baker's Twine, Diamond Stickles, Glossy Accents