Friday, June 8, 2012

Wedding Lilies

     June is the traditional wedding month and in keeping with that, Tammy has released some wedding digis this week at A Day For Daisies.  I chose to use this image, "Lily Wedding".  I added some yellow to the lily centers and then painted the petals with Fairy Dust paint from Creative Inspirations Paint.  I added a little dimensional paint to the stamens too.
     Today marks the beginning of a new challenge at the ADFD blog and we want to see "Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue".  Whew!  The background stamp and seam binding are old.  The image and Doily die are brand new.  The buttons are from my can for collecting stray buttons.  The blue had me stumped for a while, but I finally settled on adding some stamping to the background panels in blue.  I stamped them first in Memento Summer Sky and then re-stamped with Versamark and embossed with a Bridal Tinsel embossing powder.  It softened the blue.  I also added some blue background around the lilies.  The Doily die had double holes on the sides so I tied the seam binding through them.
     Make sure to pop by the ADFD blog and snag Tammy's freebie so you can play along in the new challenge too.  :-)
     Happy Friday!


Supplies
  • Paper:  Gina K Designs Pure Luxury, Recollections, Copic XPress-it Blending card
  • Stamp:  A Day For Daisies "Lily Wedding", Stampabilities "Ornate Textured Background"
  • Ink:  Copics, Versamark, memento Summer Sky
  • Tools:  Sizzix Doily Frame die, Nestabilities Standard Circles
  • Miscellaneous:  hug Snug seam binding, buttons from my stash, DMC embroidery thread, Polymark gold dimensional fabric paint, Fairy Dust Creative Inspirations paint, Ranger embossing tinsel, Kaisercraft pearls

21 comments:

Nancy said...

It's gorgeous, Tracy! I've been looking at that doily die! Yup...I like it! I really like what you did for your blue! It's so pretty! Your flowers are beautiful! Lilies are my oldest girl's favorite flower. I always think of her when I see them! Have a fantastic weekend! :o)

Geri said...

Oh, how beautiful, Tracy!! This is the second "white" card I've seen this AM...LOVE it! I've got lots of catching up to do on your blog...don't know how quick I'll be, but I've seen lots of "peeks" of some very sweet projects here, so I'll gradually get it done! Have a great weekend!

Jennifer Scull said...

oh my goodness, Tracy, this is just stunning! love the sparkly touches and little pearls.

enjoy your weekend and thanks for all of the encouraging posts on my blog. :)

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

This is just so elegant Tracy! I love the beautiful colour tones and that image is so pretty. The bling is a perfect touch :)

Carla S. said...

This is so gorgeous, Tracy! I love the elegant, shimmery background and the beautifully colored lilies!

Audrey Pettit said...

What an absolutely elegant and beautiful wedding card, Tracy! I love the stamping and your coloring, and your take on that challenge is just fabulous!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Tracy, wow...This is stunning. I love the pearls and everything you have done with this card. Such a pretty and lovely card. joann sassy raggedy

Tracey T said...

This is such a stunning card, Tracy - so elegant and perfect for a wedding. I love the background you've created; the pale blue is a perfect backdrop to the floral image. Hugs, Tracey xx

KristyLee said...

This is so very pretty!!

Ros said...

Love this ... that background is stunning and I adore lilies ... yours are perfect!

Renee B. said...

Wow Tracy, this is gorgeous! I love that background!
Hugs,
Renee

CaroleAnn said...

Tracy
I loved what you did with this image - so elegant. That background is just perfect - love the blue touch you gave it. Have a great weekend - lots of hugs

Daniele said...

this is so special Tracy, love the image and the blue embossed background is stunning
hugs

Unknown said...

A tremendously elegant card this is Tracy, such fabulous, soft colours. Absolute perfection my friend! Hugs, Ira

Heidi said...

This is so pretty!
Beautiful image and colours:)
Gorgeous card.
Hugs, Heidi:)

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful, the sparkly background and great layout.

Sheryl said...

Hi Tracy! I have had the best time browsing through your lovely blog!
What a huge treat its been to see all of your lovely work! I am your newest follower!
Warmest Hugs, Sheryl

Hazel said...

Hi Tracy

This is just stunning - i just love it.

Thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving me some comments - I really appreciate it.

Have a great week.

Toodle pip

Hazel xx

Skye said...

A gorgeous card, very elegant. Lovely image and such subtle colouring. I do like the blue background.
Thank yo for visiting my blog and leaving such sweet commnets

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Simply elegant!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful image! And I'm lovin' all the shimmer and pearl details! Absolutely stunning!