Today marks the beginning of a new challenge at the ADFD blog and we want to see "Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue". Whew! The background stamp and seam binding are old. The image and Doily die are brand new. The buttons are from my can for collecting stray buttons. The blue had me stumped for a while, but I finally settled on adding some stamping to the background panels in blue. I stamped them first in Memento Summer Sky and then re-stamped with Versamark and embossed with a Bridal Tinsel embossing powder. It softened the blue. I also added some blue background around the lilies. The Doily die had double holes on the sides so I tied the seam binding through them.
Make sure to pop by the ADFD blog and snag Tammy's freebie so you can play along in the new challenge too. :-)
- Paper: Gina K Designs Pure Luxury, Recollections, Copic XPress-it Blending card
- Stamp: A Day For Daisies "Lily Wedding", Stampabilities "Ornate Textured Background"
- Ink: Copics, Versamark, memento Summer Sky
- Tools: Sizzix Doily Frame die, Nestabilities Standard Circles
- Miscellaneous: hug Snug seam binding, buttons from my stash, DMC embroidery thread, Polymark gold dimensional fabric paint, Fairy Dust Creative Inspirations paint, Ranger embossing tinsel, Kaisercraft pearls