Oh boy was this card fun to make! Our wonderful Iulia chose "Distressing" as our challenge this week at Mo's Digital Pencil so I broke out all my fun Tim Holtz goodies. :-)
I started with a card base of kraft matted with black. I pulled out a sheet of self adhesive cork from Kraft Outlet and used my Crop-a-dile Big Bite to punch holes in it to create faux pegboard like you'd find in a work shop. I added a little Black Soot Distress Ink here and there to make it look dirty. In the top corners I cut some grunge board to make brackets. I covered them with silver embossing powder. After I melted it I covered it with some black paint dabber and then wiped off the excess. Lastly I added some Vintage Photo Distress powder to the edges to make them look rusted. I also added some to the brad heads.
The center panel is four layers of chipboard glued together and covered in Picket Fence Crackle paint. I edged it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and added some brads. The next panel down is E-Flute Corrugated Kraft Paper also from Kraft Outlet that I also dabbed with Picket Fence Crackle and some Black Soot ink.
Little "Fixer Boy" is all set to go with a piece of Tim Holtz ruler tape to give a hand to a friend in need. You can find him and a girl version in Mo's store. I think I covered the distressing theme. Don't you? LOL
Distressing is also our theme this week at The Catered Crop where Linda wants to see distressing techniques or products on your projects. So come play along and you can join in the fun of both challenges.
I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Penny's Paper Crafty--masculine
Anything Goes--make your own background
Jackson's Digital Expressions--use your fave coloring mediums
Make It Monday--anything goes
Simon Says Stamp and Show--anything goes
Have a great Thursday!
- Paper: Kraft Outlet Brown Kraft Cover Weight cardstock, Chipboard, Cork Sheets and E-Flute Corrugated Kraft paper, Recollections, Copic XPress-it Blending card, My Mind's Eye "On the Bright Side--One"
- Stamp: Mo's Digital pencil "Fixer Boy"
- Ink: Copics, Vintage Photo and Black Soot Distress ink, Versamark
- Tools: Crop-a-dile Big Bite
- Miscellaneous: Ranger Silver embossing powder, Vintage photo Distress embossing powder, Black Paint Dabber, Recollections brads, Picket Fence Crackle paint, Tim Holtz ruler tape