First off the pink ribbon is NOT that bright in real life. It's really shiny though so the camera just exaggerates it. I created a frame for Miss Odette with a couple of layers of chipboard that I painted with Picket Fence Crackle paint. After drying it was inked with Tattered Rose, Vintage Photo, and Walnut stain. I did the same on the corner deco. I used some embroidery thread to sew over the edges of the frame and then added brads where the ribbon tabs slide under it. For the butterflies I used a Vintage Photo Distress marker to go around all the edges and cutouts for some definition.
I've got tons of DT projects stacking up and little motivation so it's probably going to be rough around here for a while til I get back on track. Hope your craftiness it revved up and ready to go. Grab a Mo image and some ribbon and come join in this weeks challenge for your chance at a $5.00 Mo's gift voucher. Lots of new images in the store. :-)
I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Flutterby Wednesday's--anything goes with a butterfly or fairy
The Paper Shelter--anything goes
Simon Says Stamp--anything goes
Whimsy Inspirations--anything goes
Clear It Out--for a child (everything's old except the image)
Creative Craft--anythings goes
Jackson's Digital Expressions--pink or breast cancer
Party Time Tuesday--anything goes
Love to Create--anything goes
Make It Monday--anything goes
Stamp and Create--anything goes
Tammy's Scrappin Corner--kiddie card
Have a great Thursday!
- Paper: Simple Stories "Baby Steps", Kraft Outlet chipboard, Bazzill Recollections, Copic XPress-it Blending card
- Stamp: Mo's Digital Pencil "Odette"
- Ink: Copics; Tattered Rose, Vintage Photo, and Walnut Stain Distress inks,; Vintage Photo Distress marker
- Tools: Sizzix Sizzlets Architectural Accents, Martha Stewart butterfly punches
- Miscellaneous: ribbon and trim from my stash, Recollections brads and pearls, DMC embroidery thread, Picket Fence Crackle paint