Oh this card just absolutely gave me fits! And I picked this challenge for this week at Mo's Digital Pencil! LOL Actually it wasn't the challenge part that gave me trouble. I picked embossing, wet or dry. I went with dry on my card and embossed the fishtail banners with a Swiss Dots embossing folder. The image is what got me.
I colored it first with Copics, but the colors seemed to dark for the card so I went to my Prismas and now I think it looks washed out. I tried and tried to get an angle picture that would show the embossing that I did on the image itself, but I just couldn't get it to show well. I used my embossing tool to emboss the girl and bird from the back. IRL she seems to really be leaning out of the window and the bird is fat. hee hee
So, I'm not really happy with this one. I started to start over from scratch and I just couldn't. As I said in my post yesterday I've been down in the dumps a bit. Not really sure why, although I'm suspecting it's harmones. horror!!!! I'm normally very upbeat, but not the last few weeks. So I apologize for not having a better inspiration piece for you for my own challenge. However, I'd love to see what you can do with it. Come play along at Mo's and take your chance at winning a $5.00 gift certificate from the Mo store.
Have a blessed Thursday!
- Paper: My Mind's Eye "Lavender", Recollections, Kraft Outlet Brown Kraft
- Stamp: Mo's Digital Pencil "A Little Birdie Told Me", sentiment from Create with TLC
- Ink: Prismacolor pencils, Iced Spruce Distress ink
- Tools: MFT Die-namics Fishtail Banners, Notched Border, and Mini Tabs; Swiss Dots embossing folder
- Miscellaneous:Recollections pearls and brads, Offray ribbon