Thursday, January 31, 2013

I need a calendar!

     My post today is for "Anything But a Card Friday" at There She Goes.  As this week's trendsetter I get to share a project that's both inexpensive and NOT a card.  There are tons of ideas out there for crafty desk calendars and I believe I first saw the idea for using a plastic picture frame on Lena Katrine's blog quite a while back.  I found my frame at Wal-mart for a couple of dollars, but you probably can find them at the dollar store also.
     My hubby helped me with this project by drilling some holes through the frame for the binder rings that hold the pages.

I created two pages, one for January which of course is over, and one for February, using stamps from two of the last new releases from TSG, Sparkly and Bright and Be My Valentine.



     The pages are super simply constructed with just some layering, the calendar, and a coordinating image.  This will come in really handy when I'm trying to figure out project due dates and when challenge results will be posted.
     Hope you'll take this super simple idea and make it your own.

25 comments:

Jennifer said...

So fantastic and so simple! Love your delightful calendar pages! They will be sure to make you smile each day!

Anneke said...

Great calendar! So cute is the angel for february!! Hugs Anneke

Jane said...

Great calendar Tracy - love it.
Hugs
Jane

Sue said...

such a fabulous design and beautiful images and colours too.
I hope you have a good weekend Tracy
Hugs Sue

Grenouille Greetings said...

A great idea and two lovely pages so far! I'm looking forward to seeing all of the other months as you make them, Tracy! Hugs, Lesley

Audrey Pettit said...

This is such a great idea, Tracy! Practical and adorable all rolled into one!

heidy said...

Love it Tracy!!
XXX Heidy

Maria said...

What a great idea! Your calendar pages are so SWEET with those girl images!

Mau xx said...

Brilliant!! I love it Tracy.
a great idea.
Hugs Mau xx

Sarah said...

Tracy, this is an awesome idea! Your pages are so lovely! Hugs

KimCreate said...

Love this, Tracy!

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous!! I love that little girl ..

Nancy said...

Oh, Tracy!! This is absolutely fantastic! Both months are just too cute! I hope you continue to post the following months! Thanks very much for the inspiration! :o)

Geri said...

Now I haven't seen one with this style of frame...what a great idea!!! And your pages are adorable, of course! These would make the best Christmas gifts!!!

Unknown said...

Cute, can't wait to see the rest. I love calenders but tend to rely on my smartphone so I miss seeing these on my desk. Kudo's to you for still making them.

Unknown said...

Such a pretty calendar this is Tracy, so lovely to see a different and beautiful new image each month! Hugs, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Lynne Armstrong said...

I need a calendar too Tracy lol Last year's effort didn't get finished :( Love the idea of the converted photo frame....going to give this a go if I find time! Both your pages are gorgeous. You'll have one stunning calendar by the end of the year :)
Hugs xx

Ivonne said...

WOW Tracy, I love your calendar. Love both images and the pages layout. So beautiful! Hugs, Ivonne

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

How adorable :) I have one of those frames so will have to out this on my "to do" list - love it!!

Bonnie Irvine said...

I love this idea! How wonderful to have such gorgeous images and pages to surround the calendar. It makes all those deadlines look a little less scary :) This would be a super Christmas gift.

ScrapSoon said...

What an awesome calendar ,i have them to but never thought of making a calendar with them.

Unknown said...

These are too cute. I am always inspired by your work my friend.

Hugs~

Linda Breedlove said...

A fabulous idea and such pretty pages!

Lisa Minckler said...

What the absolute coolness! Dainty and fun + a twist of manly man tools = flippin (get it? flippin' cause you flip the pages, (cough) anyway)...Gorgeous!!
Love this very economical and unique idea. Hmmm, I have a drill and hubby is at work. Wonder what damage I can do today...WOO HOO!

Bijal Parekh said...

Amazing concept!!!