Sunday, April 28, 2013

Just a note . . .


     Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  It's a bit soggy here again,
It's Monday so it's time for a new challenge at There She Goes.  Our hostess with the mostest this week is Tangii and she wants to see "April Showers Bring May Flowers" themed cards.  So water or flowers, take your pick or use both.  I've used one of the What's Up Buttercup set images and sentiments.
     Don't ask me where this design came from.  It started out as a simple kitty corner CAS card and some how I worked a chipboard postage stamp frame and some whatchamacallits in the corners.  The matted paper was embossed and then sanded.
     Hope over to the TSG blog and link up you creation for the new challenge.
     Happy Monday!

Supplies:  Paper--We R Memory Keepers "Hall Pass"; Recollections, Kraft Outlet chipboard, Copic XPress-it Blending card; Stamps--There She Goes Clear Stamps "What's Up Buttercup"; Ink--Copics; Tools--Cuttlebug Swiss Dot Embossing folder, Sizzix Postage Stamp Frames; Miscellaneous--Recollections brads, Celebrate It ribbon, Michaels wooden button, Kraft Outlet Hang Tag String

23 comments:

Nonni said...

Beautiful! The flower image is so soft and feminine, love it.

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Tracy. I love the image and such a wonderful layout.
hugs Sue xx

Mary J said...

Happy Monday to you too Tracy! Your card is so cool! I love how you did the embellishing and love the colours too!

Rita said...

Stunning card Tracy, I love the colours and all the elements. Enjoy your Day. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xx

Ros Crawford said...

It should read ... Just a note and a stunning card! Beautiful!

heidy said...

What a beautiful card Tracy,we call those flowers Boterbloemen in the Netherlands!!
XXX Heidy

Audrey Pettit said...

This is beautiful, Tracy! I LOVE all the texture and the mix of elegant and rugged materials. The coloring and paper piercing are wonderful, and I really love the "anchors" you made to hold down the image!
Sounds like we are having the same weather as you......nothing but rain and gray skies. Our spring has disappeared again...

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Great tilted design and such a pretty image of flowers - another masterpiece!

Sarah said...

Beautiful card, Tracy! I love your design and the lovely image. Hugs

KimCreate said...

A very pretty card with lots of interest! Love the wooden button and the beautifully colored buttercups!

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Tracy! Wonderful layout and papers and a sweet image! Great design!

Nancy said...

So pretty! I really like the design of this one! We've actually had a snow storm this morning! All is a blanket of white...again! :o)

Sassy Raggedy said...

How wonderful that you can turn something so simple into such a beautiful card. Your are truly amazing with your designing. I love it...joann sassy raggedy

Unknown said...

What a delicate flower card Tracy, such fine tiny flowers, love that postage stamp frame, makes a fine embellishment! Hugs, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Geri said...

Love this collage style look, Tracy!! So very pretty, my dear! We had a case of the soggies there for a bit...but now we've got the sunnies back again! Have a great week!

Unknown said...

Tracy this is lovely! I really love the elements you added. TFS
~Deb~
CDAC DT Member
A Look Through My Eyes

Unknown said...

Hi Tracy.. It seems like forever since I have been here. I have missed seeing you cute cards. I have been just strolling back to see what I missed, smiling the whole time. I just love this card as well. Love the design and image.

Happy Tuesday my friend.

Hugs~

Lynne Armstrong said...

This is fabulous Tracy! Love the embossed paper. Do you think you could give me lessons on how to tie those perfect twine bows lol Mine don't look anything like this one!!
Hugs xx

CaroleAnn said...

Love it! The whatchamacalits are perfect too! Hugs

Heidi said...

Such a sweet card!
Beautiful work:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Jennifer said...

This is just wonderful Tracy! I love these flowers, so delicate! Wonderful design to this one and the little sentiment is just perfect!

Lisa Minckler said...

Ohhhh, love the tilty whirly twisty look on this one! Breaks all the OCD rules!! LOL

Ivonne said...

Beautiful card Tracy. Love the colors, the card layout and the cute image. Hugs, Ivonne