Sunday, July 14, 2013

Shiver Me Timbers


     Sorry this is so plain and simple guys, but to be honest my crafty mind is wrapped up in a mini album that I was asked to make.  It's almost finished and I'll be able to share it with you and concentrate more on my cards....I think.  I have had so much fun getting back to my scrapping roots and I have several paper collections in my stash that really need to get turned into the mini's they were bought to make.
     We have a new challenge starting at There She Goes and the theme is "Metal".  All this week the blog will be showcasing the "Bot" stamps sets so make sure you check out everything.  I should have used one of the Bot sets but my immediate thought was nail heads for the metal theme and the pirate set.  I created my own "wood" paper with a stamp.  Hop on over to TSG and play along.

Supplies:
Paper--Recollections, Kraft Outlet Light Kraft, Copic Xpress-it Blending card
Stamps--There She Goes Clear Stamps "Shiver Me Timbers", Stampabilities Woodgrain Background
Ink--Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Vintage Sepia,Copics (skin E00, E11, E13) (hair N9) (clothes C00, C0, C2, R35, R37, R39, R43, N3, N5, N7, N9) (spyglass C0, C2, C4, C6) (shading B0000, B000, B00, E42, E43)
Tools--Nestabilities Standard Circles
Miscellaneous--Spare Parts brads, Kraft Outlet Natural Twill Tape, Glossy Accents

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahoy, Tracy!!! Ha! This is SO cute!! I love this stamp set (which is uninked and in my office... sad!) ~~ I LOVE the wood grain papers ~~ I just added a wood grain card to my blog tonight!!
Good luck w/ your mini album~! :) :) :)

Jane said...

Ah but a CAS card allows us all to see just how fab yur colouring is! The paper works brilliantly with the image, I love it!
Hugs
Jane

Sue said...

This is fabulous Tracy. I love the image and the wood effect paper you have made look brilliant
hugs Sue xx

Ros Crawford said...

Plain and simple?? It's wonderful!

heidy said...

Love it Tracy,doesn't need anything more!!!
XXX Heidy

Nancy said...

Why are you apologizing?? It's fantastic! Love the wood! Great card, Tracy! :o)

stampinfun71 said...

Tracy - OMG -I just can't believe that you MADE that wood paper! It is absolutely beyond outstanding! I live it & I really am a a fan of the Shiver Me Timbers Set! Your work is amazing....I enjoy your blog a ton!!!!!

Carla S. said...

Too cute, Tracy! Love the wood paper you created! Fun little image! Can't wait to see your mini-album!

Jennifer Scull said...

I absolutely love this! the little brads at the end of each plank are a great idea. of course the pirate makes me smile. don't think he's quite as 'mean' as he wants to be! grins!

know that I think of you often even if I'm not stopping by as much as I should be..... enjoy your week!

Mary-Anne V said...

This is far from plain..love the use of brads as nails. Very cute image too.

Donna said...

Apology accepted Tracy because you've given me "shivers" of excitement with your adorable card! I love the cute nail head brads and your chubby little pirate looks like he's ready to make someone walk those planks. Really nice job. :-)

Geri said...

Oh, Tracy...I luh-huh-HUV this simple design! That little pirate looks...GORGEOUS in the spotlight!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is adorable! Even your "simple" cards are full of detail and character! I just LOVE the woodgrain on here, and great use of the metal bits!

Heidi said...

Your card is so cute!
Beautiful design:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Allisa said...

While you might consider it plain, I say it is fabulous! Love the wood plank background!

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE Fabulous card!!! Love your use of Metal on here too!!

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

This looks so fab! Great image and I love that wood grain stamp - fantastic!! Very cute and perfect CAS card :)

Jennifer said...

How very cute! Love the 'nails'!

Unknown said...

Major fun! Such a cute image and how beautifully paired he is with that fine faux woodgrain paper and studs! Hugs, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Dilyana said...

Oh my!!! This is truly the best CAS male card I've ever seen!!! It's so cute, lol!!

Unknown said...

Such a cute CAS card.. That image is adorable. I always enjoy seeing your cards my friend.

Hugs~

Bonnie Irvine said...

This is such a fun card. I love the knotted trim and the great use of brads as nails on the boards. The image is really cute and suits the background so well. It makes me smile.