Are you in the mood for Christmas yet? Our wonderful Cathy has challenged us to come up with an "Anything but a card" project for this weeks challenge at Mo's Digital Pencil. I've seen several of these Christmas planners created from a plain old manila file folder and decided to try it out.
For the cover I've used the adorable "Little Elf Kit". All my papers are from an older K & Company Christmas pad.
When folded the planner has four nice pockets for holding your Christmas to dos. I've added some printable lists that can be found here.
The last pocket hold a handmade envelope for keeping track of receipts or coupons.
I added some velcro to my ribbon for the closure.
Here is a pictorial tute on how to construct the planner.
1. You need one manila folder. To have the tabs in the position shown on my planner you need to use a folder with the left hand tab.
2. Open the folder with the tab in the upper right hand corner. Fold the bottom of the folder up until the rounded corners meet on the left hand side. Use a bone folder to smooth all your folds. The photo below shows what this should look like on the left hand side.
3. Turn the folder ninety degrees and fold that same left hand edge up until the flat line (NOT the tab) of the folder is aligned with the natural center fold of the folder. Your folder should now look like this.
4. Flip your folder over to the back side.
5. Line up the folded edge on your scoring board and score along the crease for the last page of the planner. Flip your folder back over and use your bone folder to smooth this last fold into place.
I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Crimbo Crackers--Anything but a card
Delightful Challenges--Anything but a card
Little Red Wagon--accordion fold
Make It Monday--anything goes
Hope you have a great rest of the week!
Paper--K & Company "Yuletide", Tim Holtz grunge board, Pendaflex manila file folder, Copic XPress-it Blending card
Stamps--Mo's Digital Pencil "Little Elf Kit", sentiment from Hero Arts
Ink-Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress inks, Versamark, Memento Rich Cocoa, Micron Sepia pen
skin--E000, E00, E11, E13, R20, R30
hair--E21, E23, E27
clothing--C00, C0, C4, YG03, YG93, YG95, YG97, R27, R29, R59
star--Y28Tools--Bow Easy, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher, Memory Box Jingle Bell die
Miscellaneous--Stampendous Gold embossing powder, Celebrate It ribbon, Gold Stickles, glitter from my stash, Velcro