Monday, December 2, 2013

I'm making a December Daily!


     Yep, I decided since we have so many activities planned for this month that it was time for me to bite the bullet and actually create a Daily December mini.  I've wanted to do one of these for years, but didn't have the time or activities to fill it.
      Besides finally creating something I've had on my to do list, I have managed to put a dent in my ridiculous craft stash.  The base for the album is a Prima canvas album set.  I'm only showing you the cover cause that's all I have done so far, but there are five more pages.  I think I picked up about three of these when I found them cheap at Tuesday Morning.  The paper collection is several years old.  I'm not sure where I got it.  I almost want to say I bought it at a consignment sale at one of the LSS.  It's Cosmo Cricket and I love the colors.
     The collection has cardstock die cuts and a couple of sheets of cut apart journaling pieces plus the papers.  I cut a mat of one of the papers slightly smaller that the canvas base, inked the edges with Walnut Stain and then hand stitched with some DMC pearl cotton thread around the perimeter.  The snowman came in individual pieces that I embossed for a little dimension and layered.  I stamped "December Daily" and "2013" with some Martha Stewart alphabet stamps onto one of the journaling pieces and a kraft tag from Recollections.  I added a die cut fishtail banner cut from vellum and stitched with the pearl cotton.  Another die cut, a star, was inked and layered on top of the vellum topped with a button.  I added a pull tab that was actually cut from the collection packaging.  For embellies I added a star paper clip, some bling, a doily, brad eyes, and some stitched ribbon.  We only get snow down here once in a blue moon so I created some on my cover with my dotty stamp, Versamark, and white embossing powder so my December memories will include some of the fluffy stuff.
     I've already gotten my photo for day 1 so I'll be working on it soon.  I know I won't be posting my pages daily because I don't have a good photo printer and need to get them printed at Wal-mart, but I'll share as I get them completed.
     Wish me luck.  This is a major project and I want to actually complete it.

20 comments:

Amanda R said...

Look at you go! I just use a dollar calendar from Michaels to keep track of stuff but this looks so much cuter! Can't wait to see what else you do with it!

Nancy said...

Yay! I'm so excited that you're doing one, Tracy, and I can't wait to see more! Your front cover is FABULOUS! You certainly have the snow right! ;o)

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely gorgeous. So love the snow effect.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Melissa said...

Super cute, love all that layering!

Audrey Pettit said...

I have wanted to make on of these myself for years, but never ever get my act together. Good for you for tackling this project. I am really looking forward to seeing your pages as you go. LOVE the cover! Such a fun scalloped shape and you have decorated it beautifully! Great papers and details. LOVE that snowman. LOVE that tag with the vellum strip and star button. LOVE the snow! This is awesome, my friend!

Unknown said...

Over the top gorgeous Tracy, your creation is superb! It's so good to be back again, even though we're in the midst of grief at the moment. I find that creativity and looking at what other people have made are a great diversion. So thank you. Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Carla S. said...

Fabulous project, Tracy! Love the design and all the wonderful details! You are so creative! I wouldn't even know where to begin!

Sue said...

It sounds like a really fun project Tracy and your cover looks gorgeous - I love that snowman.
I am looking forward to seeing the next pages.
hugs Sue xx

KimCreate said...

Oh, you are off to a GREAT beginning! I just LOVe the Kraft and Red!!!! You used your usual fabulous style on this! I wish you luck. I'm hoping to pick up on day 5 of last years, which I didn't finish. I still adore the paper line I'm using so many that will push me.
Hugs

heidy said...

Sound like fun Tracy!!
Love this!!
XXX Heidy

Jinny Newlin said...

You go, girl! Someday, I'll make time for this ;). What a cute start, too! Really loving the "snow"!

Marlies said...

This will be a gorgeoous Christmas planner Tracy! The front is beautiful, I love the vintage look and the dotted snow is a great idea!
realy fab! hugs, Marlies

Ros Crawford said...

I'm already drooling ... This is beautiful ... can't wait to see your other pages!

Kim said...

fabulous creation Tracy, and love the snowy effect!
Kim x

Mau xx said...

A Super Brilliant idea, I think I could do with this too. I feel I am getting nowhere with my Christmas plans this year...I think its going to be a strange one :o(
Huge hugs Mau xx

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Wow, impressive stuff! This looks fantastic and I admire your determination to see it through - very best of luck :)

Unknown said...

What a wonderful project. This looks fabulous.. You go girl..

Hugs~

Geri said...

Wow, that cover is PERFECT!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh honey!!! You are so ambitious at the busiest time of the year...!!
I don't know if I should cheer you on or call a doctor!!?! Lol !!
I'm kidding -- of course, I'll cheer you on!! I hope you got it all finished & I'm eager to see the completed project !!!
Xo

Anonymous said...

I'm such an idiot!
The cover is GORGEOUS!!!!