Thursday, February 13, 2014

Blowin' Bubble Hearts

(I have changed the link for my Facebook page button on the right sidebar
 to connect with my new Facebook page.  I'd love it if you would like my
 page.  It is strictly for my card and other papercrafting projects.)


     After missing making my Mo's Digital Pencil card last week I was chomping at the bit to get busy on this weeks challenge.  Our lovely Lis has given us a theme of "Love is...." which is perfect for Valentine's Day tomorrow or any other lovey dovey time you might need to show someone you care.
     The DT has no idea what each other are going to do for our cards until we upload them for Pat and it looks like this pair of bubble blowers was really popular among us.  Franz and I seem to have a bit of am ESP or telepathy thing going cause we've chosen the same image several times, but we weren't the only ones this week.  I'm sure you'll love them all though cause each one is beautiful and unique.  The image is called "Bubble Heart" and can be found in Mo's store along with lots of great images for all occasions.
     I don't have a large die cutting machine, just a Cuttlebug, so I can't use those larger sized dies for cool card shapes.  I decided to try to improvise and put my punches to work for me and created a deco edge on the sides of the card base.  Layers, and layers....love my layers, a little piece of doily and some handcut rolled roses for embellishment.
     Here's the tag that slides in behind the image panel.


     And here is their closeup.


Copics Used:
skin--E000, E00, E11, E13, R20, R30
hair on girl--E21, E23, E25, E29
hair on boy--E50, E3E, E35, E57
girl clothing--R00, R21, R22, R24, R35, R37, R39, R43, E42, E43, E47
boy clothing--E31, E33, E35, E71, E74, E79, Y21, Y26, Y28
bubble--RV10, RV13, RV14

     Hop on over to the challenge blog and play along for your chance at some Mo goodness.  Kat has rejoined the team and be on the lookout for some Mo news next week.
     I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Love to Create--color challenge red and/or pink
Make It Monday--anything goes
Addicted to Stamps--hearts
Pile It On--stripes and/or dots

     I'll have a little bit of exciting news of my own to share with you tomorrow so stay tuned.  Have a wonderful Thursday!

Supplies:
Paper--Carta Bella "Beautiful Moments", Bazzill, Recollections, Georgia Pacific, Copic XPress-it Blending card
Stamps--Mo's Digital Pencil "Bubble Heart", sentiment from Create with TLC
Ink--Sakura Clear gel pen
Tools--Martha Stewart Lace Heart border punch, Simon Says Stamp Heart Banner die, Memory Box Tender Leaves die
Miscellaneous--Cotton Candy and Diamond Stickles, Glossy Accents, Martha Stewart Bakers twine, Offray ribbon, Crafters Square twine, button from my stash

28 comments:

Lyn said...

What an awesome card such amazing colouring of this digi stamp! Off to like your new fb page now :)

Pam said...

Fabulous card! Amazing coloring on one of my favorite images. Love this.

Amanda R said...

Already like the new fb page so check that one off and I LOVE this card! Of course your coloring is amazing but what really caught my eye were your roses, they have such a soft edge to them. Now I am gonna have to get my dies out and make some too, you are such an enabler! Love the fancy edges, never thought to try that with a punch but it looks fabulous. Can't wait to hear your news!

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful beyond words ... Love the image and such a beautiful design with the little tags ... Hope you are doing ok ... we got through the gales ... more expected soon

Pauline said...

Tracy, this is gorgeous!! Love all your layers, your colouring is perfection, and your hidden tag, so clever! Love your edges, I never think to use my punches, good for you for using yours. Hugs,

Ann Marie Governale said...

Love, love, love this image and you always color so beautifully!,,,, love the card design and border die effect! xxx Ann Marie

Sarah said...

Tracy, your card is beyond adorable! Love that sweet image, colored to perfection. The DP's, the layering; and that heart banner is so perfect! I think I'm going to have to borrow that for a project I'm working on today. Hugs!

Unknown said...

Beautiful coloring, Tracy! Love the tones combo and those cute roses... Very sweet card! :)

Carla S. said...

Fantastic card, Tracy! Love the papers and details! Perfect shabby chic style! Adorable image, colored wonderfully!

Sue said...

I can see why this adorable image is so popular. Your card is gorgeous, such beautiful coloring and wonderful layers. I love the way you have used the border punch for the edges.
hugs Sue xx

Renee B. said...

Aren't these two little imps just adorable...no wonder they were such a popular pick! Love how you used the punch to "frame" your card & my goodness girl...your coloring is amazing! Love it!
Hugs, Renee

Rene said...

Good grief! Is it exhausting being my favorite crafter? Every time I come by I'm just blown away by your fabulous creations. I need a nap...
Lol! This is AWESOME! Love love LOVE their hair (I'm obsessed with hair at the moment)! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at MIM! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Good luck,
Rene :D

Katie Sims said...

Mercy Tracy....this is one darling pair and colored beautifully to boot. Add in your wonderful layout and scrumptious layers and you have quite a show stopper! Love the color palette and all of your sweet details! Hugs my friend, and hope you missed this last ice storm...it was quite brutal!

heidy said...

Such a sweet card Tracy and love your coloring!!
XXX Heidy

Lynne Armstrong said...

Hi Tracy, long time no-see! Haven't been out in blogland for quite a while. This card is totally over-the-top GORGEOUS!! LOVE the image and as always, you've coloured it to perfection :) Hope all is well in your world
Hugs xx

Anonymous said...

Oh my!!! So sweet!!! :)) :))
Fab image, beautifully colored !!
& your embellies are gorgeous!!
Glad to see you back this week!!
Xo

Dewi Lestari said...

Stunning.. Love the image. Thanks for joining at Addicted to Stamps Challenge: Hearts
Hugs
Dewi

Nancy said...

Hokey Dinah, my dear! It's absolutely FABULOUS! Gorgeous layers and incredible coloring! Your rolled roses are perfect! :o)

Audrey Pettit said...

I do so love your layers, too, my friend! You are such a genius at composing intricate layers full of detail. LOVE the delicate edge you made with your punch and love the doily and paper piercing. And what a SWEET image! LOVE!

Unknown said...

Oh my stars what a cute card. That image has me smiling.. Well done my friend..

Hugs~

Heidi said...

Your card is stunning!
The image is so sweet and your colouring is fantastic:)
Beautiful card.
Hugs, Heidi:)

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card with a lovely image. Your colouring is fantastic, as allways! I like all the hearts you added and the flowers look lovely. hugs, Marlies

PS Thanks for joining us at ATSC

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous coloring as usual Tracy!! I don't have the big die cut machine either, totally know what you mean! It's on my wishlist for sure tho! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create!

Mei
LTC DT
Anyone for Anya DT
Stampavie and More DT
Creative Fingers DT 

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the image and your design!
Thank you for joining our Color Challenge over at Love to Create Challenges this week.
Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Sassy Raggedy said...

Oh leave it to you Tracy to create one of the most beautiful Valentines Cards I have seen yet...Perfect...Hugs, joann

Kim Bell said...

GF! Love your card!! I just love this image!! Perfect for Valentine's Day!! love it

Hugz
Kim

Lisa Minckler said...

Awwww, sticky face love!! Now that's wonderful :) I can see why so many of you selected this image...that's precious. The artist is truly blessed with talent and seeing the wonderful things about life and you my friend, bring them to life amazingly. So super cute!!!

Ivonne said...

Another gorgeous card! I love that image and you have colored it amazingly. Loving all the layers of papers, the dies and the pretty flowers. Absolutely beautiful! Hugs, Ivonne