Monday, March 10, 2014

Maki a wish!



     This little sushi chef is cute beyond words isn't he.  I've used him on another card to offer up some inspiration for the brand new challenge up at SugarPea Designs.  Now read closely because this is NOT the monthly challenge.  This is a separate SKETCH challenge that starts today and you DO NOT have to use a SugarPea Designs stamp to play along.  Wendy is offering up a $5.00 gift certificate to the SugarPea Designs store to the challenge winner.  The winner will be announced April 13th.
     Here's the fun sketch for the challenge.


     Ashley Cannon Newell of Papertrey Ink posted a tutorial on how to create this fun angled background with your scraps and I decided to give it a try for my card.  I love how it turned out and will be using it again I'm sure.  I added a little hand stitching too and some vellum that I have been enjoying playing with lately.  It's under the chef and the sentiment banner at the top.
     Hope you'll come play along.  It's a super easy sketch and remember you DO NOT have to use a SugarPea Designs stamp to play along although we'd love to see them if you do have them.
     Have a fantastic Monday!

Supplies:
Paper--My Mind's Eye "So Sophie--Graceful", The Paper Studio vellum, Recollections, Copic XPress-it Blending card
Stamps--SugarPea Designs "Rice Rice Baby"
Ink--Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics Used:
penguin--N3, N5, N7, N9, W1, W3, Y11, Y21, YR21, YR23, YR24, E93
head band and sash--V12, V15, V91, V93, V95, V99
chopsticks--E31, E33, E35
sushi plate--E00, E21, E23, E08, YG95
Tools--MFT Die-namics Fishtails Flags Stax, Nestabilities Large Labels
Miscellaneous--Michaels button, Offray ribbon, DMC embroidery thread, Krylon Gold Leafing pen

15 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Cool layout Tracy. Just love the dp you used, the stitching and vellum bg.

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Tracy. I love the cute image, beautiful colouring and such a wonderful background design. The way you have used the vellum looks so effective too.
hugs Sue xx

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely fabulous!! I love your stitching

Unknown said...

It's a CUTIE!!!

Unknown said...

I already knew I was in for a yummy treat whilst reading your title Tracy and yes! You have done it again, this adorable sushi penguin is so pretty, love your pretty stitches! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Unknown said...

Too adorable... Love the sentiment! :) Background is very interesting and coloring great.
Have a nice day, Tracy!

Marlies said...

A beautiful card with a fab design. The little pinguin looks realy cute as well. hugs, Marlies

Sassy Raggedy said...

I love your layout Tracy and of course this image is adorable. Hugs, joann

Shannon White said...

Sooo Flippin' CA-UTE Miss Tracy!! LOVE your Awesome coloring on this little fella! Especially Loving the Lavender and Fab dp's and vellum too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Anneke said...

Lovely card! Hugs Anneke

Heidi said...

Gorgeous card!
Beautiful design:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Audrey Pettit said...

This made me chuckle out loud! How absolutely adorable! The puny sentiment is so perfect for your image. LOVE your hand stitching, too!

Nonni said...

I have to try that background! And now I want sushi. Great. ;)

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

So very cute!!! love the image, colouring, layout - it's all fab :)

Katie Sims said...

Is that.......gold....leafing?!? I need a moment..... I think you know how I feel about that! Bwahahahahahha....LOVE this Tracy!! You are amazing, girl! :)