Monday, May 12, 2014

SugarPea Designs Sketch Challenge


Today starts a whole new sketch challenge at SugarPea Designs.


For my card I used the "What's Mew" set and framed out the little girl and the sweet kitty cat.    I added a vellum layer of scallops and a banner one too that I stitched down the middle.

Store--What's-Mew

Check out all the details about the sketch challenge below.  There's a great prize to be won!

Displaying Challenge-Prize-Graphic.png
  • Play along with any stamp you like - but if you use SugarPea Designs, we'll top your voucher up to $15!
  •  Feel free to rotate/flip the sketch, or exchange any shapes for what works with your design, just make sure the sketch is recognisable! 
  • Combine our sketch with any other challenge (except another sketch!)
  • Add your link to the linkup on the SugarPea Blog. You'll find our current challenges on the sidebar.

     Have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  
Paper--My Mind's Eye "", Bazzill, The Paper Studio vellum, Copic XPress-it Blending card
Stamps--SugarPea Designs "What's Mew"
Ink--Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Tools--MFT Die-namics Scallop die and Fishtail Flag Stax dies, My Craft Spot Tiny Banners and Toppers dies, Nestabilities Standard Circles, Fiskars Circle Cutter, sewing machine

20 comments:

Pam said...

Great interpretation of the sketch! I love that sweet little girl. The stitching & vellum add the perfect touch. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Wow fabulous card, love the papers x

Carla S. said...

This is adorable, Tracy! Love the papers and stitching! Wonderful coloring, too!

Geri Neumann said...

You always put together colors I've never used. Always a wonderful surprise to see what you've come up with....thanks for sharing. Hugs, Geri N

Dana Joy said...

My goodness Tracy. This card is gorgeous! Love your colored image and that paper is one of my favs.

Sue said...

Awwww such s sweet image. I love the colours pretty papers and fabulous use of vellum. Your stitching looks wonderful too.
hugs Sue xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love the image and the stitching, colors, sentiment - it all works so well together! :) Perfect, Tracy...

Audrey Pettit said...

So adorable! Love your spotlight treatment of that cute stamp image, and love your use of the vellum layers here! Cute, cute, CUTE!

Lisa Minckler said...

As much as I love the shutters in the original image, I absolutely LOVE how you highlighted just her cute little face in the window. It's perfection with the best pairing of colors!!

Kathya said...

Hi, Tracy! What a lovely card you've made here. I love your coloring of the image and the use of vellum. This is just to cute for words. Beautiful work!

Hugs,
Kathya

Lisa Lara said...

I LOVE how you used this sketch Tracy. I love how the image stands out.

Ros Crawford said...

So very sweet!! ... Love the design

Unknown said...

First of all I need to apologize for having been MIA for so long, but things at work have been soooooo hectic lately... Just didn't have enough time left to blog... But that makes it all the more fun to enter blogland again and to see all of your fabulous creations/cards again! You've done a wonderful job whilst I was away, lol! What a fabulously talented card maker you are Tracy! Take care, enjoy your evening, hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Fabulous job Tracy!

Unknown said...

Such a wonderful card my friend. That image is so cute.. I have just been scrolling through all the cards I missed. So many awesome cards my friend.

Hugs~

nwilliams6 said...

How cute is this! Great image and your coloring is awesome and so bright itself. Amazing card! Hugz!

Nonni said...

So cute! I love the fresh colors and this sketch. Great little scene too!

Jennifer said...

Seeing your cards always brightens my day! this image is so very delightful and I love how you stitched your papers and the sentiment on the velum is so pretty that way!

Heidi said...

Such a sweet card!
Pretty colours and lovely details:)
The image is adorable.
Hugs, Heidi:)

Nancy said...

So super sweet! I love this one! :o)