Monday, June 23, 2014

A magical SugarPea sketch


     It's time for a brand new SugarPea Designs Sketch Challenge.  Here's the cool sketch.


     For my card I've used the "Pure Magic" stamp set.


     For my background I used a Memory Box stencil and some modeling paste to add the stars to some blue Bazzill cardstock.  I love playing with the paste.  I turned the sketch around and let his wand and stars take the place of the heart.
     Here are all the details about the challenge.


  • Play along with any stamp you like - but if you use SugarPea Designs, we'll top your voucher up to $15!
  • Feel free to rotate/flip the sketch, or exchange any shapes for what works with your design, just make sure the sketch is recognisable!
  • Combine our sketch with any other challenge(s) (except another sketch!)
  • Upload to your blog or other online gallery using keyword: SPDSS06 so that we may check out your beautiful work.
  • Add your link to the linkup on the SugarPea Blog. You'll find our current challenges on the sidebar.

     Have fun!
Supplies:
Paper--My Mind's Eye "Quilting Bee", Bazzill, Georgia Pacific, Copic XPress-it Blending card
Stamps--SugarPea Designs "Pure Magic"
Ink--Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Tools--Memory Box Starry Nights stencil, MFT Die-namics Fishtail Flags Stax
Miscellaneous--Star Dust and Yellow Stickles, Liquitex Modeling paste

13 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Tracy. I love the image, beautiful colouring and the stencilled stars look fabulous.
Hugs Sue xx

Audrey Pettit said...

Haha, now I've got that Police song stuck in my head! ;) This is adorable, Tracy! I LOVE the modeling paste stars in the background, and love how you turned the sketch. The little magic wand going off the edge like that is so eye catching!

Danni said...

Super sweet card! So fun!

Unknown said...

He's a wonderful magician Tracy, but we all know that the true magician is YOU, of course ;-) You and your copics, lol! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Lisa Minckler said...

Well slap my chaps and call me tickled pink! That's paste for the stars???? OH MY WORD chica...that is done to perfection. I thought it was just PP and look at you all pullin' tricks out your own sleeve. LOVE THAT!!
Awesome card, just like it's creator.
hugs,
Twang

Lisa Minckler said...

and by PP, I mean DP...I'm not sure what I thought PP was....

Nonni said...

Great take on the sketch... I love the stars and the DP strip! xxx

Pam said...

Fabulous card! Love the stenciled stars you've added. This is definitely magic!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Beautiful card Tracy. I of course love the layers and your coloring. Hugs, joann

Anja said...

Another fantastic boy card, Tracy! The stenciled stars look great on the black cardstock.

Hugs, Anja

Jeni said...

Too stinkin' cute! ~jeni :)

Heidi said...

Gourges card Tracy!
Your colouring is fantastic:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Ros Crawford said...

I just love this ... It's such a beautiful card and so wonderful in design and colour