Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Watercolor watering can


I will NEVER claim to be a watercolor artist, but with Art Impressions watercolor stamp sets I can at least attempt it.  Art Impressions owner, Bonnie Krebs, is an amazing watercolor artist and she has tons of online videos you can watch for tips on how to use the sets.  Today I'm sharing the Watering Can set.  I've used Distress ink pads and markers for my coloring.  Oh, and by the way, that mat on the front is a deep purple.  I haven't figured out how to get my camera to capture dark colors well.


     Now for a bit of fun.  Do you remember this adorable duo who joined our household a while back?



Well.........................
They had their first birthday Monday.
Happy birthday Scarlet and Rhett!!!


Hard to believe that little brown runt grew into this long legged fellow.  LOL
He's as laid back as he looks.


This one on the other hand never stays still and loves to pick on and bully her brother even though he's bigger than her.


     These two are snuggled up in their bed on this very rainy day and I'm off to see what I can get done before I fall prey to the rain on our tin roof too.
     Have a blessed day!

Supplies:
Paper--Canson watercolor paper, Bazzill, Recollections
Stamps--Art Impressions "Watering Can", sentiment from Sweet 'n Sassy "Be Encouraged"
Ink--Ranger Distress inks, Versafine Black Onyx
Tools--Spellbinders Labels Eighteen
Miscellaneous--The Paper Studio pearls, Crafters Square hemp cord

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow stunning card and water colouring ! Your photos of the dogs are adorable too xx

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful coloured image.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Amazing design!! love all those cuties! Happy birthday furry friends!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh your water colouring is beautiful! Love how you framed ti too... And my how big they've grown those pups!! Gorgeous photos!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, your watercolor bouquet is SO gorgeous, Tracy! Love the image and love the colors you used, and the die cut framework is stunning! Such an elegant and super sweet design. And speaking of super sweet...... omgosh, the pups! Aren't they just the cutest things!!!!

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, what a gorgeous bouquet, Tracy! I love the watering can and how beautifully colored it is! And I love the die frame (yes, it's hard to capture the real color of dark paper), but it's beautiful with the lovely pearls and great jute. And I love this sentiment - beautiful in fact! And oh my, those pups were so adorable and now huge and gorgeous! What beautiful dogs and so lovable, I'm sure! Hugs!

Geri Neumann said...

Oh my gosh, the puppies aren't little guys anymore. They are beautiful dogs. Love your watering can card. Beautiful. Hugs, Geri

CaroleAnn said...

Tracy - the card is beautiful and so is the coloring! Since I am an animal lover - I just adored looking at the pictures of your boys!!! Did you adopt them? Are they labs? Love their names too!!! Hugs

Nancy said...

Gorgeous card, Tracey! I LOVE everything about this one...especially the sentiment! Beautiful colors and fantastic watercoloring! :o)

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful card, girl! Gorgeous color work and choices, and happy birthday to your sweet pups!