Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Owl flutter


     Hello all!  Sorry I haven't posted much in a while.  Hubby and I took a little trip to Oregon to see friends and do a little adventuring.  On the way back my ear stopped up on the plane and wouldn't pop.  Don't know if that was the cause or just a coincidence but I ended up with a real nice cold that's had me coughing up a storm and miserable.  I think it's on the down slope now and hopefully will be in my rear view mirror soon.
     I have another of the wonderful Flutter sets from Art Impressions  to share today.  This one is called Owl Flutter Set.
4972 - Owl Flutter Set

     I used an embossing folder to add the woodgrain to some kraft paper.  I cut an oval hole in it with a die and used other die cuts to create the nest and a little foliage for his front door.



Copics Used:
Owl W1, W3, W5, Y35, Y19, Y26
hat BV02, BV13, Y08

     Have a fantastic week!
Tracy

Supplies:
Paper--Bazzill, Recollections, Neenah
Stamps--Art Impressions "Owl Flutter Set"
Ink--Simon Says Stamp Intense Black, Versafine Onyx Black, Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol
Tools--Impression Obsession Leaf Cluster dies, Pine Sprig Set, and Pine Sprig Cluster; MFT Die-namics Oval Stax 2 dies; The Paper Studio A2 Woodgrain embossing folder
Miscellaneous--Glossy Accents

8 comments:

Nancy said...

It's a fantastic card, my friend! What a wonderful design! Glad to hear you're on the mend! :o)

Ros Crawford said...

It's terrific Tracy!! Love that owl and I love how you made his little home! I do hope you feel better really soon... Colds and ear problems are miserable... Sending a hug!

Marlies said...

A lovely adorable card with a great design. The woodgrain background is perfect for the cute owl. You made a lovely tree scene. Hope you soon feel well again. Marlies

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous Tracy! Love the woodgrain embossing and that owl is fab. Gorgeous card. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Audrey Pettit said...

Such a cute scene! Love the pull action, and love the tree home you created!
So sorry to hear you've been sick! Not a fun way to end your vacation!

Pauline said...

Fabulous card Tracy! Love everything about your little scene, from the woodgrain background, fancy foliage, and your little darling owl. So adorable. Glad to hear you are on the mend my friend. Hugs,

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tracy, I'm sorry that you've got a bad cold! I know that it's a terrible thing to have all those germs when you travel, but so thankful to read that you are on the other side of that slope! Ugh! But what an adorable owl! I LOVE him and how you've added the great embossed woodgrain for the base. How could you coloring get any better!?! It's amazing how beautifully shaded and smooth he is. I LOVE him...making me smile still! Tender hugs, love, and praying for you, sweet friend! xoxo

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow! What a fabulous kinetic card Tracy. Love the super cute owl image and little scene you have created for him.
Hope you're feeling better now too.
Lorraine