Sunday, December 30, 2018

Thanks a mushroom


     I bought this Reverse Confetti tag die during Black Friday sales and couldn't wait to use it.  I've stamped this gorgeous mushroom from Purple Onion Designs onto some watercolor paper and used my Distress inks to color it.  I first tried using my Derwent watercolor pencils, but I just couldn't get the richness of color you get with the Distress inks.  I used my Krylon gold leafing pen to go around the edge of the tag.  I also added a drop shadow to the sentiment with some gray ink.


     Can't believe 2019 is almost here.  Wonder what this year will hold.
Tracy

Supplies:
Paper--My Mind's Eye "Now and Then", Canson watercolor, Recollections
Stamps--Purple Onion Designs, Altenew Pinstripe
Ink--Versamark; Fired Brick, Aged Mahogany, Antique Linen, Bundled Sage, Tumbled Glass Distress inks, Derwent Watercolor pencils, Simon Says Stamp Fog, Versafine Onyx Black
Tools--Reverse Confetti Grid Stitched Tag dies, MFT Oval Stax 2
Miscellaneous--Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder, Krylon Gold Leafing pen, twine, Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins

12 comments:

Tracey T said...

Oh, this is fab, Tracy! Love the mushroom and the distress ink watercolouring is absolutely beautiful. Hope you've had a lovely, relaxing Christmas and that 2019 brings you much love, good health and happiness xx

Aileen said...

Beautiful Tracy, love your colouring of the mushroom and that die cut tag. Also love the double stamped sentiment, must try that.

Ros Crawford said...

I love seeing mushrooms on cards this is beautiful Tracy!

Jeni said...

Adorable! Love the drop shadow on the sentiment. ~jeni :)

CaroleAnn said...

Happy New Year to you and looking forward to all your wonderful creations for the New Year. Love the idea here of the ink shadow!!!! Beautiful mushroom too!!! xxoo

Lori said...

What a beautiful mushroom! Love the gold leafing pen and the drop shadow. So pretty!

KimCreate said...

This card is adorable! Happy New Year!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awesome job!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful art!

Audrey Pettit said...

Hi Tracy! I'm so behind on my blog visits, and wanted to pop in to say hi! My new puppy is tending to keep me away from my computer most of the time these days. Hope you are doing well!
Your card is adorable! Really love the vivid coloring on the mushroom, and the gold accents are fab. That tag die adds awesome texture, too! And cool effect with the drop shadow!

Ros Crawford said...

Just checking in to see if you are ok? Miss seeing you here...

Audrey Pettit said...

Checking in on you, too.... <3

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, what a fabulous card, Tracy! I love this sweet mushroom and your fabulous coloring! Really love that grid stitched tag and the wonderful gilded edge. Such a fabulous card, Tracy! Hugs and love! xoxo