Sunday, July 10, 2011

I ♥ You More

     I had so much fun making this card, but I really had to use some brain power.  I knew I wanted to make the punched border, but I wanted it bigger than the standard measurements you can use for the MS punch around the page sets.  So I had to do a little ruler work to figure out how to punch and cut for the size I wanted.  It wasn't too bad, just a little time consuming.
     All the DP's except the butterfly are from the Basic Grey Curio collection.  Almost all the edges are distressed with scissors and inked with Distress inks.  Also on the first DP mat, I used some Versamark and Distress embossing powder around the edges.
     I had to make the die cut that's behind the image on my Cricut cause I just didn't have the right size Nestie to fit there.  Poor ole dusty Cricut.  :-(  I used a gold gel pen to draw an inside border on the last layer. 
     The flowers and lace were all sponged with distress ink and I sprayed the lace with some Glimmer Mist too.
     The butterly (my newest MS purchase--couldn't waste that 50% off coupon could I? LOL) is covered with Rock Candy Crackle paint.
     Finally, the image is the sweet little "Sophie" from Mo's Digital Pencil.  Sophie and her friend are colored with Copics and framed with some more Distress ink.
     I didn't get to play along at Mo's for the chance at a Guest spot last month because we were on our awesome vacation, but I'm going to give it a shot this month.  Hope you ladies like her.  :-)
     I'd also like to enter Sophie in the following challenges:

Mark's Finest Papers--die cut as a background mat
Stamp Something--bugs or butterflies
Stampin' For the Weekend--wings and things
Mo's Digital Pencil--vintage with distressing and lace
Craft Us Crazy--distressed/vintage

Have a wonderful brand new week!


Supplies

Papers:  Basic Grey Curio, Bazzill, Recollections, Moxie, Copic X-Press It Blending card
Stamp:  Mo's Digital Pencil "Sophie", Raindrop Echo Designs "Dorcas' Sentiments"
Inks+:  Frayed Burlap and Walnut Stain Distress inks, Vintage Photo Distress embossing powder, Versamark, Rock Candy Crackle paint, Old Lace Glimmer Mist
Copics:
            skin E000, E00, E11, E13, R20
            hair E50, E53, E57
            clothing E40, E41, R000, R20, R21, R22, R24, YR000, G94
            doll YR61, YR65, E97, Y32, Y35, E11, E31, E43, CO, C2
Tools:  Martha Stewart Vintage Floral punch around the page set, Frond punch, and Monarch Butterfly punch, Cricut, Storybook cartridge, Nestabilities Classic Ovals Large (S4-110) and Classic Scalloped Ovals Large (S4-111)
Miscellaneous:  Prima and Recollections flowers, Recollections pearls, lace from my stash

18 comments:

heidy said...

Oh Tracy this is so pretty,love the border,what a lot of work but it's absolutly beautiful!
Well done!
Hugs Heidy

Nancy said...

Oh, my dear friend, the work and the artistry that has gone into this piece amazes me! It's just fabulous! The sweet image is perfectly colored and puts a big smile on my face! I REALLY LOVE this one!!! REALLY!! lol You know I say that and feel that about all of your work...but there's something extra about this one for me today! Thank you! :o)

Winnie and Patty said...

Oh my, this is a gorgeous shabby chic card!!! I just love it! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge!

Shan said...

This card is soooo beautiful Tracey. You are so very talented. Hope you are having a great day.

Hugs
Shannin

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous. Love the Mo image. Thank you for sharing with us at DDSC this week.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Gorgeous card, Tracy! Love the rich colors! And your coloring is beautiful!
Thanks so much for joining us in our "Christmas in July and/or Distressed/Vintage” challenge at Craft Us Crazy and hope you will join us again!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥
Craft Us Crazy DT

~* steph :) *~ said...

very pretty card, tracy! love how you used the border punch, i think i'm going on a border punch buying spree these days, hehe. love the papers and the layering and die-cutting. thanks for sharing and hope you're having a wonderful Sunday! *hugs* steph :)

Dorcas said...

THis is really beautiful, Tracey! Thanks so much for joining us at Mo’s!

Unknown said...

Such an adorable card!

ahlers5 said...

Love that border! This card is simply gorgeous. Wonderful work. Thanks for joining us at DDSC.
Diane

Chris said...

all your extra work was worth it, your card turned out gorgeous. I just love it and am really glad I got to see it.
thanks for playing with us at SFTW.

Xushenka said...

Beautiful card! :) I love how everything you put on it works to frame the image of the little girl.. She looks so natural with the butterfly and flower environment. Very nice! :)

Marilyn Webb said...

Gorgeous! I love all the detail and love put into this card. The frames, the vintage look, and your amazing coloring! Thanks for playing along with us this week at MDP.
hugs
Marilyn

Unknown said...

She's utterly adorable Tracy! Love that vintage look you gave her, wonderful flower embellies, too! Hugs, Ira

Carol Hurlock said...

This is positively exquisite. I am loving that punch around the page design element. It really pulls this card all together. Just beautiful. Thank you so much for playing along in Speedy's Friends Challenge. It's a pleasure to see your work. Hope you can join us next week!

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a sweet image. Love the vintage, time-worn colors you chose for the card, and that PATP is fab! THanks for sharing your creation with Speedy's Friends!

Kate's Makes said...

Absolutely stunning! Love the border and how you've put everything together - your colouring is fab too! Thanks for taking part in our 'wings and things' challenge over at SFTW :) Kate x

Lori said...

Oh my gosh, this card is so precious!!