Saturday, December 18, 2010

Newsy Notes

Whew!  What a week!  Bet all of you are nice and organized, have all your Christmas shopping done and are kicked back and relaxed enjoying the holidays.  Not this girl.  Running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to find gifts for people who are EXTREMELY hard to buy for, not finished decorating my house, the list goes on and on.

Okay, enough about how sorry I am.  I've got lots of news to share with you so let's get started.

  • Noon EST today is the deadline for linking up your creations for this week's Papercraft Star challenge.  We've got some really beautiful entries this week, but we sure wouldn't mind looking at some more.  Make sure you come back tomorrow and participate in our Papercraft Star Tags (and more) Christmas Blog Hop.  There will be candy up for grabs.  YAY!

  • Today is the last day to get your kraft paper project linked up over at the Kraft Journal challenge too.  There's a couple of $20.00 vouchers for Babette's store, Kraft Outlet, up for grabs and trust me, you won't have any trouble spending it there!

  • You guys know I don't usually toot my own horn.  If I win or place in a challenge I just add the button to my sidebar and move forward.  This week was pretty special though.  First off I won another Spotlight Artist spot over at City Crafter Challenge Blog (#6--I'm aspiring to rack them up like my buddy Jan ) for my Snowman and Friends card.  I don't think those girls have any idea what an encouragement they have been to me in my crafting journey.  I love that challenge because your work is judged not randomly chosen.  That challenges me and I LOVE to be challenged!  Next, my Cardmaker's Christmas Mini Album won a Top Three spot over at Paper Sundaes!  I know pride is a sin, but that album just came out way beyond my expectations and a top three spot for it was just icing on the cake.  Last, but not least, my Hug a Snowman card is being featured today over at The Sweet Stop!  All in all a pretty great week!  So please forgive my horn tooting but I just wanted to share this with you because those of you who support me and encourage me are the reason I'm able to share this kind of news.  A HUGE thank you to all my wonderful bloggie friends!

  • This week hasn't been the only crazy busy one for me and I have neglected my spotlight artist feature I started. I hope you have visited the blog links I've already given you and checked out the work of these fantastic artists.  I have a new one today.  She's one of my team mates on the Digi Doodle DT and she is awesome with Copic markers (and other things as you'll see when you visit).  She's my buddy Dana Christiansen.  If any of you have small children in your friends and family connections, you need to go check out her latest video.  She has created a paper doll mini album.  The pages are magnetic and she's created the dolls, complete with several changes of clothes and even some scenery pieces making each page a different room of a house.  This idea has endless possibilities!  With all the stamps that are out there and the art of paper piecing, the sky's the limit.  Make sure you scroll through her other posts too.  I wasn't kidding about the mad Copic skills.  Her swans are just one of my favorites.

  • One of my Papercraft Star teamies posted a question on our message board asking us about our goals for the new year.  I really have been thinking a lot about that lately.  My projects have run the gamut on here because I've tried a little bit of everything in the card making realm just trying everything on for size.  However, I know it's not all for me so my main goal is to zero in on what style or styles fit me best and really focus in on developing that or those areas.  Here's where I need a little help from you.  I would love it if you would leave your opinion of what you feel is my best style.  Be totally honest.  What type of projects that I make are the ones you really want to see when you visit here?

I think that's all my news for now.  Hope to finish up my decorating today and maybe snap a couple of pics to show here on the blog.
Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh Sweetie...you're sounding just a wee bit stressed! lol Relax and enjoy what the season celebrates...the rest will all fall into place!
Congratulations on all your wonderful successes this past week! I'll toot your horn right along with you! You are very deserving!
As for my opinion of the style I'd like you to concentrate on in the new year...I want you to create whatever brings you the most JOY! That will make me the happiest! :o)

Dana said...

Congrats on all of your wins!!! You are my hero!! I'm reading and smiling and thinking how deserving you are and then I hit your Spotlight and you made me cry!! You are such a sweetie!!
And know you are going to want to ring my neck but it is exactly your randomness that I love about your blog!! I never know what I'm going to be inspired by when I visit her but I know it's going to be spot on gorgeous!!
Love ya!
Dana

Viv said...

Thanks for the lovely comments on my card for the blog hop and sorry, the puzzle piece wasn't showing . Its all fixed now if you want to collect it!
Thanks for visiting. Viv http://doggonecrazy-viv.blogspot.com/

Suzanne C said...

Congrats on your features and wins! Totally deserved! Pick the styles that you enjoy! :)