Saturday, August 13, 2011

Here's that second sneak peek!

     I've been promising you guys a second sneak peek at the mini album I've been working on for my daughter.  I really got a lot of work done on it the last couple of days so I have that next little teaser to share with you.  In fact, I've made you wait so long, I've given you TWO peeks!
     Before I share them I want to thank all of you who left me such sweet comments on my new "job" over at A Day For Daisies.  I really appreciate your words of encouragement. :-)
     So.......without further ado, here are my two little peeks.

     The flower was made with the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die and I painted it with some beautiful Creative Inspirations paint that I won a while back.  It's so shimmery and pretty.  The butterfly is part of the mat piece.  I needed a little extra room to get the "leg" in, so I cut around the butterfly so I could slip the "leg" under it's wings.  I didn't cut it all the way so it's still connected by its body.  I really like the 3D effect!

     This page really challenged me because I had to learn how to make white look white ON white.  LOL  It's one of my favorites in the whole book!  I found the pretty trim at Hobby Lobby.  The little butterfly was painted with some Liquid Pearls I picked up at my local scrap store.  She's going out of business BOO HOO!  I didn't go there often because she's about 30-45 minutes away, but she carried a lot of stuff none of the retail stores or my other LSS carried (like this beautiful Pink Paislee paper) so when I did make the trip I'd load up.  Now I'll have to get in online.  :-(
     So there are your two sneaky peeks.  :-)  I made all my journal tags last night, but haven't written in them.  I'm not sure if I will before I take pictures and video.  Still some last little bits to add and I haven't done the cover yet.  Unusual for me since that's usually the first thing I make.  Fingers crossed I should have it finished in two or three days and be able to share the hole thing with you.  :-)
     Hope you're having a fabulous weekend!
     Hugs!

7 comments:

Dana said...

video, definitely a video!! {{grin}}

Unknown said...

This little peek looks amazing.. I Can't wait to see more..

Hugs, Linda

heidy said...

I agree withthe other ladies Tracy,those peeks looks stunning!
Hugs heidy

Unknown said...

I'm way behind, too much to do and so little time! Wow, this looks more than just promising, do I detect Whiff of Joy there? Lovely!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Wow Tracy.........what I see.........I love! Can't wait to see the whole thing. It's going to be gorgeous!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Nancy said...

Oh, yes!! More please! Much more! :o)

Geri said...

This looks to be quite a treat in a few days! I see some lovely vintage details! Love the TH flower--those dies are STILL on my wish list! I love the card on the previous post--everything about it is so very pretty and special! Love the stitching on that circular die piece, and those images really do "look good on you", so a big congrats on the DT position! Hope you have a great week!!