Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Papercraft Star Challenge #61

     Our challenge this week at Papercraft Star is a color inspiration.  For my card I used a cream cardstock base with a navy mat.  I added a little machine stitching on the left side.  Next comes some punchwork in the same cream cardstock and a mat of beige K and Company Julianne collection DP.  I added some ruched seam binding, a Prima flower and a rolled rose with a pearl center.  The sentiment was printed from my computer onto the cream cardstock and matted with some of the blue and more cream.  The image is from the "Madonna and Child" digi file from our sponsor The House Across the Bay and is matted with the same cardstocks.
     We'd love to see what our color palette inspires you to make so get your projects linked up by 6:00 a.m. Monday morning for your chance at winning some amazing digital downloads from our wonderful sponsor.

Happy Wednesday!



Supplies


Papers:  K and Company, DCVW, Bazzill, Recollections, Kodak Photo paper
Digital Image:  The House Across the Bay "Madonna and Child (006)"
Tools:  Martha Stewart Vintage Floral edge punch, sewing machine
Miscellaneous:  Recollections pearls, Prima Flower, pearl bead from my stash, Martha Stewart seam binding

12 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful colors and I love the image too! Thanks for sharing your lovely creation!

Unknown said...

Wonderful bright colours and that image is so serene... Hugs to you Tracy!!

Nancy said...

So lovely Tracy! Your ruched seam binding is really pretty! I love the font you used for your sentiment too! :o)

Audrey Pettit said...

What a beautiful card, Tracy! Love the elegant color combo so much and love that fabulous digi image. The ruched seam binding is gorgeous. Looks so pretty with the punched edging. Such a wonderful card design!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful creation.. I just love that image..

Hugs, Linda

Sleepy Stamper said...

What a beautiful card! I love the ruche seam binding is a nice touch along with the punched edge!

♥Jan♥ said...

I can see using this card for all kinds of different occasions. You chose a very unusual way to go this week with the color combo - that is what I love about your work !! I am always excited to see your unique ideas. No one like you, Tracy !!

Sarah said...

Tracy, your card is stunning! Love the colors and the image is so sweet. Hugs, Sarah

heidy said...

Oh Tracy,this is so beautiful,love the colours!
Hugs Heidy

FerrellGraph-x said...

Your card is so perfect! It just looks like it belongs in a museum! I love the pearls, stitching and layers! Beautiful!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

Regan said...

What a lovely card Tracy. The image is stunning and you set it off with your use of the colors and design. Great work!

Kim Duran said...

Da Vinci, look out! This is another beautiful creation, Tracy. I really love the way you've used the image combined with the bold colors from the challenge. Gorgeous!