I won a voucher for Stitchy Bears Stamps a while back and this is one of the images I picked out. I just love this guy! Our challenge at The Kraft Journal this week is "Lavish Layers" so I've really piled them on. Maybe not so lavish, but definitely layers!
For my card base I used Brown Kraft Cover Weight cardstock and matted it with a square of Buff Ivory Cover Weight cardstock. The cross panels are made from the same and all panels were then layered with designer paper. The image was colored with Copic markers and matted also on those same papers. Everything was edged with Frayed Burlap Distress ink.
Beneath the vertical panel I added a strip of Translucent Vellum that was punched with a decorative edge punch. The bow was created from 7 Gypsies Victoria seam binding and the sentiment was stamped on a White Round Metal Edge Tag. Isn't that little bottle cute. It was a button that I cut the shank off of and added to the tag. There are some more buttons at the bottom and a pretty Make It Crafty lasercut chipboard corner piece that I covered with Picket Fence Crackle paint and a pearl I colored with my Copics.
EVERYTHING is layered on top of something else, so if you count from the base up, there are about seventeen layers. LOL Eighteen if you want to say that button is on top of the image. :-)
We'd love to see your lavish layers. Break our some of your kraft paper stash and link you project up by 6:00 p.m. EST on Sunday for your chance to win.
I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Creative Inspirations Paint--buttons
Paper Sundaes--lots of layers
Sentimental Sundays--sewing or stitching + sentiment
The Crafty Pad--one for the boys
Crafty Catz--things with wings
Crafty Purple Frog--lots of layers
Little Miss Muffet--animals or monsters
Meljen's Designs--circle and square on project
Fab 'n Funky--1 ribbon, 2 DP's, 3 buttons, brads or bling
Kraft Outlet Supplies
- Brown Kraft Cover Weight cardstock
- Buff Ivory Cover Weight cardstock
- Translucent Vellum
- 7 Gypsies Victoria Seam BindingWhite Tound Metal Edge Tag
- Paper: The Paper Studio, Copic X-Press It Blending card
- Stamp: Stitchy Bear Stamps "The Doctor", Papertrey Ink "Mixed Messages"
- Ink: Frayed Burlap Distress ink, Versafine Vintage Sepia
- Copics: B21, B24, B26, B52, C0, C2, E50, E51, E53, E55, N1, N3, N5, N7, W1, W3, Y17, Y21, Y35, YR61, YR65
- Tools: Nestabilities Classic Ovals Large (S4-110), Martha Stewart Eyelet Lace edge punch, sewing machine, Cuttlebug
- Miscellaneous: Make It Crafty lasercut chipboard corner, Picket Fence Crackle Paint, Recollections pearl, buttons from my stash, Inkadinkado Blending Chalk