So like I said my little robins were chosen to create this bi-weekly challenge recipe. On top of having my card chosen for the recipe, I was invited to be a Top Chef Guest for the midweek inspiration post. Soooooooo.....I had to case my own card! LOL
Here's the recipe Linda put together from my first card. I've highlighted the elements I've repeated on this card.
- Papers: Kraft, chipboard
- Colors: kraft, black, cream, red, and green
- Images: birds, winter scene, hollies and berries, swirls, Christmas
- Ink: pencils, distress ink
- Tools: embossing folder, die cuts, circle punch, lace and/or scallop edges
- Miscellaneous: ribbon, pearls, fishtail tags
- Techniques: layers and layers, dry embossing, distressing
I colored the image with distress inks, did lots of layering and distressing, added that circle cut out and some stitching over it with DMC specialty thread, added a few more Christmasy embellies and Voila! My cased myself card. :-) Hope you'll check out the Catered Crop challenge. It's really fun.
I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Art Impressions--red, green, metallic
Crimbo Crackers--make it sparkle
Southern Girls--embellishment BINGO (3 patterned papers, gems, punches)
Digi Doodle Shop--red and green
Card and Scrap--traditional Christmas colors
Christmas Crafting--twelve days of Christmas
Creatalicious--Christmas + sparkle
Truly Scrumptious--Christmas with pearls or vintage
Digital Tuesday--Christmas time
Bunny Zoe's--anything Christmas with pearls
Heart Song Inspirations--gold or glitter
Incy Wincy--Tic Tac Toe (3 DP's, any Christmas sentiment, stitching--faux or real)
Dream Valley Challenge--stitching
Pile It On--traditional Christmas
Stamptacular Sunday--punch it
Happy weekend to come!
- Papers: Cosmo Cricket, Kraft Outlet, Bazzill, Recollections, Strathmore 90 lb. watercolor paper
- Stamp: Fred, She Said "Christmas Cardinal"
- Ink: Distress inks, Copic R39 for coloring pearls, Marvy Uchida white gel pen
- Tools: Martha Stewart Cherish edge punch, Fiskars Circle cutter, Martha Stewart Cherish and Holly punch
- Miscellaneous: DMC Specialty gold thread, Prima poinsettia flowers, The Paper Studio pearls