Friday, November 18, 2011

A Butterfly Harvest

     Are you ready for the holidays?  These little butterflies are.  They have a cornucopia full of natures bounty.  This image, Butterfly Harvest, is part of the new release this week from A Day For Daisies.  Here are just a couple of the images being offered.  There are tons more so make sure you check them out here.

     I heard this pitiful cry from my craftroom saying "Tracy, Tracy have you forgotten us?"  My poor little Copic markers were so forelorn so I pulled them out of their little cubby hole resting place and put some marker ink to paper for this card.  Some of them are happy and others are still grumbling.  :-)      My card kind of looks like a sixties fashion print explosion doesn't it.  LOL.  Those of you who have been traveling this bloggy road with me for a while know I really have some hang ups about mixing prints and this card would never have been created about a year ago.  I've learned to trust the paper companies though, so if Basic Grey says all these prints go together, who am I to argue!  :-)
     We still have a challenge to use flocking on your card going on over at the ADFD blog and we'd love to have you join in.  I guess it's a good thing that Arielle challenged us to use that stuff because my little lambs card has gotten me five Top Three/Five picks this week.  I honestly can say that is one of my favorite, if not THE favorite cards, that I have ever made. 
     Oh well, enough of that.  I don't normally say anything about my wins on here.  I figure if your interested in what I've won, you'll visit my "Challenge Wins" page and see what's there. I guess I'm a bit like my husband's grandmother in that attitude.  We lost her this week at 103.  She would have been 104 in January and was sharp as a tack, still reading and working crossword puzzles.  That lady never missed a beat.  She wrote her own obituary out and on the back of the paper she also wrote "DO NOT add anything to this.  Don't list all the organizations and clubs I belonged to.  The people who know that already know it and the people who don't won't care anyway."  LOL  So in the same vein I figure if you want to know what I win you'll find out, otherwise I won't bore you with it.  :-) LOL
     Here's a list of challenges I'd like to enter this card into:

Card Makin' Mamas--Thanks
Fairy Fun Fridays--anything fall
Aud Sentiments--thank you or Thanksgiving
Meljen's Designs--fall
Crafting For All Seasons--Thanksgiving, thank you, or sketch
I Brake For Challenges--seasons
Simon Says Stamp--Thanksgiving/Thanks
Sisterhood of Crafters--giving thanks
The Outlawz--Wednesday sketch
Going Grey with Scrap-Creations--Thanksgiving
Party Time Tuesday--sketch and/or thank you, giving thanks or being thankful
Corrosive Challenge--give thanks
Sentimental Sundays--Thanksgiving/thank you

Have a wonderful blessed weekend!


Supplies
  • Papers:  Basic Grey Curio, Bazzill, Recollections, Copic X-Press it Blending card
  • Stamp:  A Day For Daisies "Butterfly Harvest"
  • Ink:  Copics
  • Tools:  Nestabilities Labels Two (S4-162), Sizzix Sizzlits Architectural Accents
  • Miscellaneous:  Crafters Square hemp cord, Michaels button, lace from my stash, Recollections brads

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved reading this post Tracy, although I was so sorry to hear about your husband's grandmother, especially since she was still so full of life, somehow you don't notice age when people are that active... Your Thanksgiving card is awesome, you really gave depth to your image! Hugs, Ira

Ros said...

What a beautiful card Tracy ... your colouring is superb!! ... sorry about your husbands Gran ... but what a fantastic lady she was!

Joy said...

Your card is simply stunning, I love your colouring and so fitting for Thanksgiving...sorry to hear of your loss.... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Nancy said...

Beautiful card, Tracy! The image is so pretty! I love the share about your husband's Grandmother! I'm so sorry you lost such a treasure but what a blessing to have had her in your lives for so long! Hope your weekend is full of joy! :o)

Audrey Pettit said...

Awww, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's grandmother. What a blessing that she had such a long and wonderful life. Love that she's passed down some of her wisdom. She sounds like an amazing woman.
LOVE your card. You made me smile about the poor little Copics and the patterned paper matching. You did an amazing job with the paper and the coloring, as always. :)

heidy said...

Gotrgeous card Tracy!
Sorry to hear about your husbands granny!
What an ages!
Hugs Heidy

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card Tracy, lovely warm colours. Congrats on your winning card and I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
Have a nice weekend, hugs, Marlies

Carol said...

Absolutely beautiful card Tracy. Sorry to read about your husbands Gran. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

Audrey said...

What a beautiful card. I love the DP. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Linda Carson said...

Lovely Thanksgiving card! Sorry for your loss. Sounds like she lived a blessed life!

Linda Breedlove said...

So sorry about your loss, Tracy. She sounds like she was a wonderful lady.
I understand about mixing the paper patterns... yours looks terrific so Basic Grey is on the ball. A beautifully colored image... lovely twine and button trim... all just perfect!
Have a great weekend, friend!

Unknown said...

This card is gorgeous. I have to say I am the worst at matching papers together.. It takes me so long to pick out papers. I love these colors together.. So sorry to hear about your DH grandmother.. Se sounds like a wonderful lady!

Hugs, Linda

Darlene said...

Absolutely beautiful Tracy! Love the design and your choice of papers really showcase the image beautifully! Fabulous job!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood 'Give Thanks' challenge and please come back again soon!

Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Regan said...

Ooohhh... really love the pattern paper on this one! Again Fabulous!!

Micki said...

Wow this is gorgeous. Wonderful card....glad you found your copics :-) And also so glad that you played along with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Rene Sharp said...

Sorry for you loss. Your card is a work of art. LOVE it!! Thanks for playing along with us at Crafting for All Seasons :)

Bente said...

Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week.
Hugs, Bente

Jo Nevill said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, I love the image you have used.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Hugs,

Jo x

deesdesigns said...

Your grandmother sounds like she was a lovely, wonderful lady - I'm sure you have many memories to remember her by.

Love your card - the coloring is gorgeous and your mix of papers is perfect.

I'm so glad you shared your creativity with us at Aud Sentiments for our "Give Thanks" challenge!!! Good Luck and I hope you'll join us for our next challenge too!

Julie said...

Gorgeous card. Love the papers and design. Thanks for joining us in our Thanksgiving/Thank you challenge at Aud Sentiments
Hugs,
Julie

Robin Parker said...

Great creation. Love the elegance of the sentiment. Thanks for sharing on the Meljen's Design Challenge for "Fall".

Darlene said...

YIPPEE! You're a WINNER at The Sisterhood ... pop on over and grab your badge!

BrossArtAddiction said...

Wow absolutely gorgeous!! That corner cut is beautiful and love that image too! Thanks for joining us at "Fairy Fun Fridays" for our Fall challenge! Good Luck! :D

Hugz & TFS,
xx Tracey/FFF-DT xx